Windows 10: Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

Discus and support Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open the mail app I can see all my accounts and see how many new emails per account (Capture 1). [img] If I then go to the second account it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by paulpies84, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

When I open the mail app I can see all my accounts and see how many new emails per account (Capture 1).

Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account [​IMG]

If I then go to the second account it shows no mail (capture 2) even though I know there are emails in the inbox.

I then go back to the first account and that also shows no emails (capture 3).

If I then close the app and reopen it, it takes about 5 mins to open and I have the same initial issue (capture 4).

I have the same issue on two separate systems and have tried to uninstall/reinstall but, when I do this as soon as I add a Gmail account I have the same issue.

Is this a known issue?

Mail app Version 16005.13426.20688.0
    Window 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.906)

:)

paulpies84, Apr 10, 2021

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Michael87 Win User
    How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Michael87, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

1. Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account - Similar Threads - Mail app emails

2. In the mail app, manage accounts will open but not let me select an email address to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the mail app, manage accounts will open but not let me select an email address to make...: I have tried repair, restore, uninstall, re-install. When I am in manage accounts and click on an email address a window tries to open for a nano second and disappears. Windows 11 - New HP desktop. Just a sided not, I can't print from mail either. Can print from everything...
  3. In the mail app, manage accounts will open but not let me select an email address to make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the mail app, manage accounts will open but not let me select an email address to make...: I have tried repair, restore, uninstall, re-install. When I am in manage accounts and click on an email address a window tries to open for a nano second and disappears. Windows 11 - New HP desktop. Just a sided not, I can't print from mail either. Can print from everything...
  4. Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account: When I open the mail app I can see all my accounts and see how many new emails per account Capture 1. [ATTACH] If I then go to the second account it shows no mail capture 2 even though I know there are emails in the inbox. [ATTACH] I then go back to the first account...
  5. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...
  6. Primary Mail Account Selection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary Mail Account Selection: If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/primary-mail-account-selection/bd35dfc7-25fa-4052-a0bb-72d1c1470de6
  7. Cannot recreate email account in Mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot recreate email account in Mail app: I was advised to delete / restore 2 failed accounts in the Mail app. The Outlook account was restored OK but I cannot get my second account, Yahoo, back. I can access the account OK online and in my Android tablet, but not in the Windows 10 PC Mail app. I reach the stage...
  8. Mail closes when email selected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail closes when email selected: Just started having issue open Mail once I select an email it opens and Mail closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-closes-when-email-selected/a6c2d04c-e6c3-452a-9b47-26ee0b522d57
  9. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....
  10. select ALL in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    select ALL in Mail app?: Does anyone know how to select ALL and have all boxes ticked for filing or deleting? 22204