Windows 10: Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail

Discus and support Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got a new Asus laptop with Windows 10 home. When I tried to sign in to my microsoft account it failed as if I did not have a connection to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AllenRisler, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail

I just got a new Asus laptop with Windows 10 home. When I tried to sign in to my microsoft account it failed as if I did not have a connection to the Internet, but my WIFI works for everything else and I could send and receive email using Google, GMAIL. Next I tried the mail app which literally took 20 minutes to fail, error = 0x800705b4. This tread is locked and is all about Windows Update failures from 2017. My Windows Updates works perfectly and is completely up to date. So I tried Internet Explorer, Sign in worked fine and I was about to send and receive email from Outlook just fine, until yesterday. Now when I click on Sign-In nothing happens, click again, nothing happens. So now I have no way to use Hotmail on my laptop, but it is still working fine on my Desktop and Phone, no changes made to the credentials.

:)

AllenRisler, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
  3. jamis Win User
    Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea how to make W10 Mail work. Suggestions please. Would like to use w10 Mail as opposed to a free e-mail app. We are currently using the old Windows Live Mail app., but it’s beginning to have issues with syncing and delivering the “unknown error” message on some e-mails.

Update: I reset the W10 Mail app. and attempted to add the ISP to it. Still getting the response that the e-mail address is already set up and the sign in is still grayed out.
    Update2: I uninstalled W10 Mail and Calendar. Ran CCleaner, rebooted, and installed W10 Mail and Calendar from the Microsoft Store. Sign in is still grayed out. Tried to add my e-Mail address to the app and it says it’s already there. Still no sign in.

jamis, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail

fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail

1. Mail App Fail, Microsoft Sign in Fail - Similar Threads - Mail App Fail

2. Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails: I cannot read half of my mails using the microsoft mail app on Windows 11. The mails are either coming in as blank body or as HTML tags. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-widows-11-mail-app-fails-to-read-mails/3051d527-d7dd-4d48-9b9d-c918d886998e
  3. Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails: I cannot read half of my mails using the microsoft mail app on Windows 11. The mails are either coming in as blank body or as HTML tags. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-widows-11-mail-app-fails-to-read-mails/3051d527-d7dd-4d48-9b9d-c918d886998e
  4. Microsoft sign in fail on Apple Bootcamp

Microsoft sign in fail on Apple Bootcamp: I'm running Windows 10 on my 27-inch iMac. I've had this problem with OneDrive and now I'm having it with Microsoft Teams. It tells me to sign in but I can't open it online, instead, it opens up a separate window to sign in. But it won't let me sign in because it needs...
  5. Mail & Calendar App Failed After Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail & Calendar App Failed After Microsoft Update: Paying customer here. Microsoft 2020 Windows update done automatically on SurfaceGo and now the Mail & Calendar App, which worked perfectly before, doesn't work. Problems: Freezing, messages seen in the folder won't open, folders don't load, formatting lost. Only used...
  6. Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.: I've been having problems with Microsoft Mail for the past 3 days now and what's killing me is the fact that this was completely random and out of the blue. Before I explain my issue I just want to point out that the app was working perfectly prior to.. nothing. I changed...
  7. Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed

Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed: Hello Everybody, I face the same issue that many Windows 10 users are have when configuring the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app. The configuration will fail with the following error messages: For Gmail: Error 0x8007139f For Outlook: Error 0x80004005 From the...
  8. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29: I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so. I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past...
  9. Fail to sign in

Fail to sign in: after I came to the AUS this year, I found that I can not sign in my onedrive account though my laptop, what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-sign-in/aff3251f-d6ba-46c1-a199-3b46b770bf4e
  10. Windows 10 Mail App fail ..

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App fail ..: Hi When I select the win 10 Mail App it says it is not working and I am requested to download the App again. I did try but the download failed. I read elsewhere that I need to delete the App before attempting the download and I have now the procedure to do that. My question...