Windows 10: Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

Discus and support Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/veritablechicken, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so.

I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past under 8.1, and Microsoft obviously doesn't bother transitioning you from 8.1 mail to 10 mail because who gives a flying eff about consistent key functionality operation in OS's, right? Microsoft certainly doesn't.

The fact that I had the accounts on this PC is probably a red herring, but I'm getting pretty certain it's not a coincidence that this is the only one out of the four that's been upgraded from 8.1.

I have the same Windows account, the same passcode to all PC's (using PIN), the same screen timeout settings, etc - basically every Activesync auth-impacting information that's common between all four PC's.

I've gone into the webmail -> Phones at the server end, deleted this PC (and the 8.1 Mail instances for the same PC) and tried again to no avail. The device is shown registered as a Windows device, but no actual information regading the device is shown and certainly no 'last synced' indication.

My question: Are there any specific spanners that an 8.1 upgraded PC would throw into the works in terms of stuff like this?

submitted by /u/veritablechicken
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/veritablechicken, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 6, 2019
  3. dzigibau Win User
    Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

Thank you Ken, I did it already, but did it here too, since Feedback is limited on 1000 characters only, I need more space to explain it in details. Anyone, who would like to test it and have good approach to Exchange Servers by Windows 10 mail app, suggest you go to your OWA through browser, like mail.yourserver.xx/owa and than go to small top-right symbol, then Options, Phone and you will see all devices like Android or IOS phones approved by your account and you will see Windows 10 mail as phone device too. Therefore, I propose that Microsoft programmers change method in Windows 10 mail app, copying it from Outlook which has better and smother connection to Exchange Servers and it will not be registered as phone anymore.

dzigibau, Dec 6, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

1. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29 - Similar Threads - Mail app failing

2. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  3. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  4. Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App

Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App: Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-office-365exchange-email-account-on/941459e9-e6f8-4ff5-97b9-79101b1e4f77
  5. Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate

Windows 10 Mail App and Exchange ActiveSync with certificate: Good morning, we are testing Windows Mail App as a possible client to Exchange 2016 server from Internet. Our policy required username + password and client certificate. When I have a computer outside the domain I succesfully configure email account and in the account...
  6. Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.: I've been having problems with Microsoft Mail for the past 3 days now and what's killing me is the fact that this was completely random and out of the blue. Before I explain my issue I just want to point out that the app was working perfectly prior to.. nothing. I changed...
  7. Help with Automatic replies for non-Exchange email account (Mail App, NOT outlook)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Automatic replies for non-Exchange email account (Mail App, NOT outlook): Has anyone figured out a way to set up automatic replies for a non-Exchange email account (I believe for an IMAP or POP account sorry if I have those terms wrong, not a big computer guy) in the Windows 10 mail App? I have been struggling to find a way and it's very...
  8. How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

in Browsers and Email
    How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?: Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me to keep my PC more secure...
  9. Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach: I hope that someone from Microsoft developers read this forum. I have proposal to make Windows 10 mail app have the same approach as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 o 2016 (Windows versions) to Exchange Servers 2010, 2013, 2016. In this case, right now, Windows 10 mail app...
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x86000c29

2. error code 0x86000c29

3. 0x86000c29 exchange

4. 0x86000c29 windows 10 mail,
  5. error fix 0x86000c29,
  6. error code: 0x86000c29,
  7. windows 10mail 0x86000c29,
  8. 0x86000c29 mail windows 10,
  9. code 0x86000c29,
  10. 0x86000c29 error,
  11. codigo de error 0x86000c29,