Windows 10: Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

Discus and support Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanKwok2, Jun 14, 2020.

1. AlanKwok2 Win User

Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

Hello,

I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to double click to open single click to select. Is there anyway to fix this. If this is built into the Mail app, it can cause harm when you just single click thinking it will select a "virus" attachment and it opens it instead.

:)

AlanKwok2, Jun 14, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jun 14, 2020
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

Attach a document into Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

The following are the basic steps on how you can attach an email in Windows 10 Mail:

• Open Windows Mail and create a new e-mail message.
    • Click the Attach File to Message button. (It's the paperclip icon)
    • In the Open dialogue box that appears, select the file
      you want to attach and then click Open. Browse the folders in the Open dialogue box the same way you would browse through Windows Explorer.
    • With the name of the attached file now in the Attach text box, type your e-mail message as usual.
    • Click Send button to send.

Feel free to ask back any question should you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

1. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment - Similar Threads - Mail app Window

2. Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app: [ATTACH]Windows Mail is an email client from Microsoft that lets users view and manage their emails. While using the Windows Mail app, some users have experienced that they are unable to open links and attachments in the Windows Mall app. In this article, we will see some...
  3. Mail attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail attachments: When trying to open catalogue attachment to auction mail received, it won't open and an icon appears which is a YELLOW SQUARE WITH MONKEY HEAD INSIDE and click1x1. What is this. Seems to be only happening since MICROSOFT EDGE format change recently....
  4. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  5. viewing attachments in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  6. Attachments Unavailable in Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attachments Unavailable in Mail App: I don’t receive attachments for any of my email accoutns in the Mail app, although I know the attachments exist because I can access them on other devices. Microsofts automated support system hasn’t been helpful and all I can find on the issue are others with the same problem...
  7. Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10: Hello! I cannot open any attachments in my Outlook email accounts from my Windows 10 mail app. It was working fine until yesterday. It won't even open if I hit Ctrl and click on the attachment. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  8. Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App: I used the Mail App for my gmail account and cannot open any PDF attachments. I am able to any other documents word, excel, etc.. but not PDF. When I try to open the PDF attachment, it is asking me to save first on my desktop and then open it from my desktop. I have...
  9. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail: Until the last update I could click on the attachment and open it. Now I can only save the attachment, only if I right click and select open. Help....
  10. Attachments in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attachments in Windows 10 Mail: I am also experiencing the problem of some attachments not being received in Windows 10 mail. The latest was a .pdf file not accessible through Windows 10 mail but was accessible through my phone through gmail. I do not know whether the same problem exists on my hotmail...