Windows 10: Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

Discus and support Mail app for Windows is not sending emails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IncheCalabrese, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?

:)

IncheCalabrese, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Mail app for Windows is not sending emails [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Mail app for Windows is not sending emails [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Mail app for Windows is not sending emails [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

1. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails - Similar Threads - Mail app sending

2. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: Mail app has been working correctly for months and months. Recently I have found that some emails had not been sent. They were stuck in the Outbox. The only way to get them sent is to reboot. This has happened on 6 or 7 times in the last month, and it is very frustrating,...
  3. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: Mail app has been working correctly for months and months. Recently I have found that some emails had not been sent. They were stuck in the Outbox. The only way to get them sent is to reboot. This has happened on 6 or 7 times in the last month, and it is very frustrating,...
  4. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: When sending an email from the Mail app in Windows 11, the email appears to send but then disappears. It's not in Drafts, Outbox or Sent folder. It was working fine and then this issue showed up. If I delete the account and re-add, it works for a short time and then the issue...
  5. Mail app not sending email with Windows 11

Mail app not sending email with Windows 11: When sending an email from the Mail app in Windows 11, the email appears to send but then disappears. It's not in Drafts, Outbox or Sent folder. It was working fine and then this issue showed up. If I delete the account and re-add, it works for a short time and then the issue...
  6. Windows Mail will not send email

Windows Mail will not send email: My windows mail app will not send email. Whenever I click send, the email disappears, it is not added to my outbox or sent email, and it never gets sent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-will-not-send-email/ee82b4b5-69d5-4349-94d0-a90f2675b3c2
  7. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  8. icloud not sending emails through mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    icloud not sending emails through mail app: My mail app was automatically updated on the 10th January and since then my computer won't send emails from my iCloud email. I can receive not send. I get an error message saying email has been stored in the drafts folder. I have not changed my SMTP settings they still read...
  9. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  10. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...