Windows 10: Mail app ghost account

Discus and support Mail app ghost account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, So I have a gmail account in the mail app, but for some reason i can't remove this account i can't open the account settings and no mails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Billy Cottrell, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Mail app ghost account

Hi there,

So I have a gmail account in the mail app, but for some reason i can't remove this account i can't open the account settings and no mails are displayed.

I have already searched about this but didn't really find anything helpfull. Even resetting the app and uninstalling it didn't remove this account. Also normally the accounts are visible in the windows settings -> accounts -> email & accounts but this mail isn't displayed there.

This bugged account also blocks me from adding other gmail accounts through the google account in the mail app, imap just works fine though.

For some reason there is like a name before the account like for example: "contose" <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>.

Any ideas on how I could remove this bugged account?

Thanks in Advance!

:)

Billy Cottrell, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app ghost account :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ghost e-mail account in Mail under Windows 10

I have this same "Ghost" problem, but with an iCloud account. I've done all of the things you tried, but with no joy. Also, I've tried them with both my Microsoft account and my local account. The only thing I can think of is to delete the entire Mail app
    data file, but I don't know where that might be located or how to go about deleting it. The Mail app sure seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Help!

Fairmarketvalue, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Mail app ghost account

Ghost e-mail account in Mail under Windows 10

Hello,

I have tried to use Mail application under Widows 10 and added my accounts for Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail.

I had problems with my Hotmail account so that I deleted and re-created it for several times.

The result now is that, when I click on Accounts in the right panel, in the list with all accounts I have two Hotmail items, a good one that works and a ghost one.

I would like if you could provide a solution on how to get rid of the ghost account.

I have tried this : removed all accounts and created them again (but the ghost account can't be removed), I uninstalled Mail application and reinstalled it, all this without any positive result.

Thank you

DonaWinter, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Mail app ghost account

1. Mail app ghost account - Similar Threads - Mail app ghost

2. Ghost Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  3. Ghost Work Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  4. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost Apps in Apps & Features: I've installed two apps, then deleted them from Program Files, with Admin permissions, BUT THEY ARE STILL SHOWING UP.When I press uninstall, since the computer thinks the file still exists, it tries to find the uninstall.exe file of it, so that the computer can uninstall the...
  5. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps in Apps & Features: I've installed two apps, then deleted them from Program Files, with Admin permissions, BUT THEY ARE STILL SHOWING UP.When I press uninstall, since the computer thinks the file still exists, it tries to find the uninstall.exe file of it, so that the computer can uninstall the...
  6. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

7. Ghost accounts showing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ghost accounts showing...: I have my Windows 10 desktop using a Microsoft account. A few days back I changed my Microsoft password, as I hadn't done it in a while, and after I did so I then used "netplwiz" to input the new password so that I could log onto Windows 10 automatically. After...
  8. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Ghost account in calendar and people app: I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also...
  9. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  10. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121