Windows 10: Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

Discus and support Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onlytanmoy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail.
    This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below.

Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails [​IMG]

How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such filter. Help me please.

My Win 10 version is 1909.

:)

onlytanmoy, Apr 20, 2020

2. How does archiving in Windows Mail interact with gmail's web-based archiving?

I apologize for just responding. Indeed when you archive in Mail, it will archive in Gmail. In the IMAP folder list, Archive is "all mail" (basically mail that has no other label like "inbox" or anything else). And yes, also, as you said: mail in "all
    mail" is considered archived. So you're right on both counts.

As for deleting in Windows Mail, you can pick. I prefer to make delete a "real delete" but you can also make delete = archive, based on Gmail.com's settings.

Here's the setting on Gmail that I use:

Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails 955749f5-79fd-449d-b6c0-f471411ad567.png

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 20, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

How does archiving in Windows Mail interact with gmail's web-based archiving?

Remember that gmail is a special type of service that doesn't work like any other email services ever in history.

Gmail doesn't have folders, it has labels. Sure it "looks" like folders, but a message can be tagged with unlimited labels. When viewed through a regular email program, the same message will appear to be duplicated in all the folders for which it is tagged.

Gmail.com also has options for "what to do when another email program marks a message as archived or deleted". You can pick if you want Gmail to just remove the label (thus causing the message in question to fall into the "All Mail" folder), or in the cases
    of deletes, whether or not you want it to go to the same "All Mail" or truly delete it (Gmail really tries to convince you to never delete, that's the goal of Gmail is to archive it all and find it again later).

I have mine setup so that archiving in Windows Mail puts it in the Archive folder (in the mail app) but I have Google's IMAP settings linked that "folder" to the All Mail folder on the gmail web interface.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

1. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails - Similar Threads - Mail App Gmail

2. Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail: I am using Windows 10 & check my email through the Vivaldi browser. When I get emails, they always have some sort of Label: Social, Updates, Forums or Promotions. I'd like to stop having my emails labeled. I've gone through these steps: Logged into my Gmail account through...
  3. Mail App Print Labels.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App Print Labels.: Dear Microsoft Community, I have a spare Windows 10 PC that I use for ecommerce tasks and a shipping label printer. I am using the Mail app and I would like to know if the below actions can be done automatically. Email received with attachment/attachments labels >...
  4. W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label: W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label When I send mail from my gmail account, the mailer/google store the sent copy in spam and not "sent mail". Can this be changed so that out going mail is stored in the correct folder/assigned the correct...
  5. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  6. Unable to archive mails on my Gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to archive mails on my Gmail account: Go to Inbox and click on archive icon of any mail. Getting green notification "Archived". Expected result: Mail should be removed from Inbox. Actual result: Mail is not removed from Inbox....
  7. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  8. Change mail app archive location

in Browsers and Email
    Change mail app archive location: I've searched until my fingers are raw... *Sick In the Windows 10 mail app, I want to change the location where the "Archive" button sends the mail to. Currently the default location is the "All Mail" folder, I'd like to change that. Can anyone tell me how to go about that?...
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  10. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...