Windows 10: Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

Discus and support Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a simplified setup process for my users to configure the Windows Mail app for IMAP and SMTP. I am providing an autodiscover.xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IamFearItself71, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

I am trying to set up a simplified setup process for my users to configure the Windows Mail app for IMAP and SMTP. I am providing an autodiscover.xml file which tests perfectly when using Outlook. When I use "Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration" from Outlook, I get a proper response with all the proper information and autodiscover seems to work fine.

However, When I use this in practice with the Mail App, the system sets up the IMAP settings correctly from the autodiscover information. However, the SMTP information gets set up with the default Port 25 and no security. Autodiscover is set up to configure SMTP on port 587 with SSL enabled.

I was under the impression that Windows Mail supports the autodiscover protocol. If so, is there something special I need to do to get it to NOT default to port 25 unencrypted for SMTP? The server is set up to not allow this configuration, so users outgoing mail is blocked unless they manually go in and edit the port and security settings after using autodiscover.

Additional side notes:

DNS is set up with SRV records for _submission._tcp , _autodiscover._tcp , autodiscover.domain.com etc.
    As mentioned, autodiscover test from outlook results works. It seems like I'm missing something specific to Windows Mail app.

Thanks in advance,

Jayson

:)

IamFearItself71, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 17, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

1. Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings. - Similar Threads - Mail app ignoring

2. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  3. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  4. Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP

Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP: I try to send mail with Windows 10 Mail via SMTP from a Windows Server 2016. Windows Mail communicates with SMTP with EHLO [IPv6:::ffff:10.18.4.114] thats my IPv4 address and gets a 501 invalid address reply. Other programs use the format EHLO [10.18.4.114] which works. So...
  5. SMTP mail server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMTP mail server: Having trouble with my email sending and receiving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smtp-mail-server/afeac3fd-d1b7-4f35-a781-804185641cab
  6. windows mail imap smtp settings for adobe to send attachments

windows mail imap smtp settings for adobe to send attachments: Cannot send adobe attachments, I need windows mail 10 settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-imap-smtp-settings-for-adobe-to-send/5d8aad3b-6908-408b-84d8-4082c004c510
  7. Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts: As you can see in the image below, I have setup (even two different) email accounts but the Windows 10 Mail app acts as if I have not setup any... [img] I already tried the official MS forums to no avail. I.e. deleting and re-adding accounts, reinstalling Mail app or...
  8. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...
  9. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....
  10. Ignoring Default App Settings

Ignoring Default App Settings: New Windows 10 Home Computer, set up using PCMover from Windows 7 Home Premium Computer. A few problems, of course, so far mainly applications that did not transfer properly, and those easily solved. One problem however I don't understand, and, therefore, cannot fix. I've...