Windows 10: Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

Discus and support Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Slugger, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Slugger Win User

Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support?

:)

Slugger, Aug 9, 2016
  2. LouFisher Win User

windows 10 mail app

How can I import my Mozilla Thunderbird address book for use with Windows 10 mail app?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LouFisher, Aug 9, 2016
  3. DWELarose Win User
    Importing email contacts from anothe program into Windows 10 mail

I have followed your instructions that appear for Otis. And guess what, THEY DO NOT WORK.

After typing in people in search bar I am unable to Launch the app. and therefore am unable to retrieve my Address Book from Thunderbird Bird Mail.

I have Windows 10 mail and cannot add the address book to it.

DWELarose, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Frankly I wouldn't go that way. MS made my life hard in moving from Outlook Express to Win Mail, then no mail, then a mail client reappeared.. by which time I was on Thunderbird, which is easily transferable from PC to PC.

Not only address book, mail rules, account data, news groups to transfer... then think integration with anti-spam filter...

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Slugger Win User
    Thought I would ask. I've been using Thunderbird for a long time. I would like to go full blown Windows mail and Edge but Microsoft makes it very difficult to migrate from Thunderbird and Firefox

Slugger, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    I'm sorry, but where exactly did you find an Address book in Windows Mail? It doesn't have one, as such importing one isn't an option.

There is a People app, however, which you can link to any of several online accounts and use their address books. So, you can use any of the online services address book import functions. For instance, outlook.com/Hotmail have the ability to import from Windows Live Mail, or other services.

The WLM import is a comma delimited format, so you may be able to figure out a way to export your address book in a comma delimited format and work with that.

Mystere, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Hi:

>Disclaimer: I do not use the Win10 Mail app, or WLM, or Outlook. But I, too, have used Thunderbird forever (and have no plans to change email client).

This KB article at the mozillazine forum explains the details of importing to and exporting from TBird:

Importing and exporting your mail

>>I have not tested the procedures described there. So, I offer the suggestion "as is".
    >>I would certainly back up my TB profile before experimenting.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Mail app import

2. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Address book in Mail with 2 accounts: Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in...
  3. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird: Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this....
  4. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  5. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  6. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  7. Collating addresses in Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Collating addresses in Thunderbird: WINDOWS 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778 ===================================== I cannot remember ever doing this before and am in a complete muddle - do not know how to get help from the Thunderbird support Forum or here - there must be a tutorial already for dopes like...
  8. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...
  9. How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?: I have contacts in my Thunderbird email client on my old laptop and when I bought a new laptop I've decided to try using the Windows 10 Mail app. instead of installing Thunderbird. However, I can't figure out how import my contacts from Thunderbird. Naturally if this is...
  10. Imported mail addresses won't sync

in Browsers and Email
    Imported mail addresses won't sync: Hi everyone. Does microsoft assume everyone is a computer wizard? I've finally managed to import my other email addresses into my mail app but no matter how many times I tweak the settings in privacy etc. I keep getting message "not synced yet". Does anyone know how I...