Windows 10: Mail app in background

Discus and support Mail app in background in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/james1758, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mail app in background

I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this.

Edit: If not possible, is there a universally-liked (simple) mail app that does what I am looking for?

submitted by /u/james1758
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/james1758, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app in background :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Mail app in background

Mail App Not Listed in Background Apps

Hello, I've noticed that the only way to get consistent email notifications and live tile updates is to keep the Mail app opened and minimized to the taskbar. When I go to Background Apps under Settings>Privacy, I noticed that the Mail app is not listed
    and there is no way to add it. Is this a bug that Microsoft is hopefully addressing? Is there a way to manually get the Mail app to appear in the list of Background Apps? I truly believe this is one of the reasons so many people are having issues with mail
    app notifications.

DeanLupari, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Mail app in background

1. Mail app in background - Similar Threads - Mail app background

2. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  3. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  4. Windows Mail App not showing background images

Windows Mail App not showing background images: I am using the Windows Mail app to manage my Gmail emails. Generally it works fine but I've noticed that it sometimes doesn't show some text. Here is the email in the Windows Mail app:And here it is in Gmail and other email appsSo I've worked out that it doesn't show the...
  5. mail and weather app not running in background

mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  6. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  7. Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails: [ATTACH] Hey r/Windows10! I am having a heck of a time getting the mail app to work for me I am wanting to make the app show a dark background where I type emails I've done the personlization dark mode but it doesnt change the email body, and I just cant seem to...
  8. Mail not running in background

Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  9. How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10: Hi, I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues with Windows 10. I've already seen this post - Solved Does mail run in the background? - Windows 10 Forums of your forum where...
  10. Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Background Picture of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in...