Windows 10: Mail App interference

Discus and support Mail App interference in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Microsoft Mail App is constantly interfering with routine document creation. Every time the "@" symbol is typed it is being read by Mail as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MWL_590, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MWL_590 Win User

Mail App interference

The Microsoft Mail App is constantly interfering with routine document creation. Every time the "@" symbol is typed it is being read by Mail as an email address. Mail proceeds to open (I never use it) and treats the typed word as an email address, i.e., it cannot be edited as a normal word - it appears in blue with underline, as an email link, and cannot be utilized in the document. I want Mail removed from my computer but will settle for having it permanently disabled. How to do this, please? Thank you.

:)

MWL_590, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App interference :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 20, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail App interference

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Mail App interference

1. Mail App interference - Similar Threads - Mail App interference

2. Mcaffee Interference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mcaffee Interference: Mcaffee constantly interferes with Windows Defender, Core Isolation features are told to be turned off, McAffee breaks the Microsoft Firewall and replaces it with their own and it's getting annoying! I can never think I'm safe because every day I get a warning sign and I...
  3. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps and full screen game interference: When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the icon on the task bar even though the taskbar is NOT visible on the screen....
  4. Windows language hotkeys interfere with other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows language hotkeys interfere with other apps: Hi, I have a problem with language hotkeys on my work PC with Windows 10. I have hotkeys set up for several languages like Ctrl+1 to switch to English, Ctrl+2 - to Russian etc. A couple of month ago it started to behave strangely: when I e.g. press Ctrl+1 and start typing...
  5. Keyboard interference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard interference: Accidentaly There were two keyboards plugged into my computer simultaneously, and now some keys only work on one keyboard some only work on the other, even if I disconnect one. I have tried the most common solutionsdriver, uninstall, trubleshooter, safe mode.. ect Do you...
  6. Line interference

in Windows 10 Support
    Line interference: Hello, About a week ago, this started happening in Slack and OneNote, and I just noticed it happening in Discord as well. I have no idea what words to use to search for this problem, so I don't know if anyone else has come across it. This odd grid of white lines happens on...
  7. windows interference

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows interference: how to make windows stop interrupting me to tell me that my display settings have been changed. Is there some kind of "don't ask this question again button"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-interference/7ad6c7e8-84b4-42f3-a503-def3151f9b44
  8. Photos App Navigation Bar Interference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App Navigation Bar Interference: Just recently I began running into an annoyance with my Windows 10 Photos app. The Navigation bar at the top of the screen cannot be closed out anymore. For the longest time, all that was required was a simple click on the screen or a tap of the space bar to close it out, but...
  9. Unwanted interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted interference: How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unwanted-interference/83bbe8c0-9774-4ef3-8da8-bde2bffb800e
  10. Bluetooth interference

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth interference: I’ve faced up an issue with my bluetooth headphones on Windows 10. When I am listening to locally stored audio file and open a web-browser, I hear a crackling sound and get gaps in the audio. I am sure this interference coincides with activity over the wireless network. If...