Windows 10: Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Discus and support Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All, I have seen this in a number of threads but there have yet to be any adequate resolutions. I have the mail app on my desktop and it recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrShifty3030, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Hey All, I have seen this in a number of threads but there have yet to be any adequate resolutions. I have the mail app on my desktop and it recently stopped including attachments. The paperclip is not visible and embedded images are not showing up. When I go to the same accounts in Chrome, the attachments are all there so this appears to be an issue with the app itself unless it is an issue between Gmail and Mail App communication.

Either way, has anyone been able to find a fix for this or is it a bug in the latest updates? Do I need to wait for the next update to fix this and in the meantime rely on the web browser Gmail?

:)

MrShifty3030, Jun 10, 2020

2. Inbox shows attachment present but none loads

Mails diisplayed in the Gmail Inbox list show the attachment icon and spend long times 'Loading' when actually three or five lines of text is all there is and no attachment is ever actually loaded.

Stop / start FF does not ALWAYS clear this behaviour. The same email repoened shows the attachment icon, the 'Loading' message and no visible attachment.

Stop / start the PC has no effect.

The old days of XP there was a way to show each email as HTML where faults might become apparent. Is this feature available in Win10 / Gmail ?

Thanks.

muymalestado, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Two inboxes in Mail App

Hi,

One of the reasons why you are seeing two inbox folders in your Windows Mail app is how your email was set up. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Have you tried checking your email using a browser to see if there is an existing second inbox folder?
    • When you open the second inbox folder, does it show the same content as the primary inbox folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

1. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox - Similar Threads - Mail App showing

2. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  3. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox

Windows 10 Mail App - does not show content of Inbox: Using Windows 10 Mail App: I can sync my mail folders including sending e-mails, but for the Inbox the Mail App says "Nothing yet..." and there are no e-mails there. If I go online via a web browser and move one of the e-mail from the Inbox to a sub-folder -- it appears in...
  5. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  6. Attachments from gmail not showing in Mail App

Attachments from gmail not showing in Mail App: A few days ago I started to notice that attachments sent to my Gmail account in the Mail app are not showing up. However they show up in my other signed in accounts that are not Gmail. I can view the attachments on my other devices just not in the Mail application for Windows...
  7. Mail app won't show pdf attachments

Mail app won't show pdf attachments: This is a well-document issue going back several years at least, but I can't find a solution for it. The Mail app doesn't show pdf attachments. They were sent from my phone using Gmail and they show up in the sent folder there, but in the Mail app on my PC there is no sign...
  8. Mail App attachments not showing

Mail App attachments not showing: Good morning, I'm an IT expert and I am struggling to solve this problem with windows 10 mail app. Windows 10 and Mail App are up to date with the latest updates. Some attachments are downloaded and are shown with the paperclip icon but other are missing... I can see them...
  9. Inbox shows attachment present but none loads

in Browsers and Email
    Inbox shows attachment present but none loads: Mails diisplayed in the Gmail Inbox list show the attachment icon and spend long times 'Loading' when actually three or five lines of text is all there is and no attachment is ever actually loaded. Stop / start FF does not ALWAYS clear this behaviour. The same email...
  10. Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes: So, instead of using my browser for my emails I set them up in Windows Mail, but although it will show all the folders it won't show anything in my inboxes. I've tried syncing but to no avail. 22244