Windows 10: Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful

Discus and support Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I changed from Mac to Windows 10 a few months ago, I have been trying different mail apps. IMHO they all suck compared to the default Mail from MacOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/revenge50, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful

I changed from Mac to Windows 10 a few months ago, I have been trying different mail apps. IMHO they all suck compared to the default Mail from MacOS but whatever, who cares.

Last week I "sent" some emails regarding a job that I am currently working at and some visa documents that I had to send due to a date... Today I woke up worried that I haven't received any response to these emails, well I found out that these emails NEVER were sent, and you know what is the worse part of all? That they aren't even saved on the draft or sent folders, they just literally disappear. THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING because it makes you wonder if you are actually crazy and you never sent the emails, but I am sure I did because I have my own drafts on word documents.

Just a tip, when you send an email from this app, make sure it actually sends because if it doesn't, it will DISAPPEAR, it won't stay at the "sending..." folder, it will be gone, with no trace that you ever created it and you will be left wondering if you are losing your mind. This has happened to me several times and I hate it because I have to write emails all over again.

Rant over

PS: If anyone could recommend me a good email client, I would highly appreciate it, thanks!

submitted by /u/revenge50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/revenge50, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful

1. Mail app literally ruined my life. Please be careful - Similar Threads - Mail app literally

2. MS Authenticator has ruined my life!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator has ruined my life!: I downloaded MS Authenticator a few weeks ago and have had problems with my MS account ever since. Keep getting message to go to accounts.live.com to fix. All that then happens is I go round and round doing everything I'm told and nothing is actually fixed. Now have problems...
  3. MS Authenticator has ruined my life!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Authenticator has ruined my life!: I downloaded MS Authenticator a few weeks ago and have had problems with my MS account ever since. Keep getting message to go to accounts.live.com to fix. All that then happens is I go round and round doing everything I'm told and nothing is actually fixed. Now have problems...
  4. WINDOWS 11 IS RUINING MY LIFE!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 IS RUINING MY LIFE!!!: IT DROPS CONNECTIONS TO DEVICES AND THERE IS ALWAYS A DELAY OF SOME KIND. AFTER 30-40 MINUTES OF TROUBLESHOOTING, YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE DAMN THING IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING AUDIO TO WORK. IF YOUR SCREEN GOES TO SLEEP OR IT'S THE NEXT DAY, YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER...
  5. WINDOWS 11 IS RUINING MY LIFE!!!

WINDOWS 11 IS RUINING MY LIFE!!!: IT DROPS CONNECTIONS TO DEVICES AND THERE IS ALWAYS A DELAY OF SOME KIND. AFTER 30-40 MINUTES OF TROUBLESHOOTING, YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE WHOLE DAMN THING IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING AUDIO TO WORK. IF YOUR SCREEN GOES TO SLEEP OR IT'S THE NEXT DAY, YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER...
  6. Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update: So I have used my laptop for a couple of months at its point with no problem. The battery life was 8 hours, and it kept cool, with the CPU and GPU at around 40C under regular workload. However, recently, my battery life went down to 1.5 hours, and my CPU started to heat up to...
  7. BSODs ruining my life, no dumps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs ruining my life, no dumps: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's once or twice a day randomly, for about 6 months. I have an alienware aurora r3, and figured it had something to do with some old alienware drivers, so I recently removed EVERY BIT of alienware from my case, installed all new, fresh...
  8. One Drive Ruined My Life

One Drive Ruined My Life: I don't know how to express my feelings towards One Drive. I have purchased my beautiful Laptop on November 2018, it is 1,5 years old. I have an 256 gb SSD drive on C, 2 TB HDD on E. I have a few games and some other programs on both of them. like all sims games+...
  9. Windows 10 update ruined my life -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update ruined my life -: After recent Windows 10 update I cannot restore my monitor (Dell U2711) native resolution 2560x1140 that I enjoyed for the last 4 or 5 years. Why it happened? What Microsoft did with my computer? I have the same setup that stopped to support native resolution. The video...
  10. Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker password is ruining my life!!: Need urgent help! I never saved this Bitlocker recovery key, and can't access Windows because of it. Tried all the commands on manage bde, trying to unlock the computer, all unsuccessful. Autounlock (recovery key) is not enabled. How can I find this key. Would calling...