Windows 10: Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

Discus and support Mail App live tile and notification are not working ! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hpbaxxter, May 12, 2019.

1. hpbaxxter Win User

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh.

Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit.

:)

hpbaxxter, May 12, 2019

2. Mail Notifications and Live Tile DO work only when Mail App is left open

I just discovered this today. I left the Windows 10 Mail app open and running, and I received my Gmail email notifications and the mail live tile updated and stayed current (the live tile did not reset). Having to keep the mail app open seems like a
    bug in Win10. In Win8.1, you could set Mail app to run in the background to ensure notifications and live tile updates. However, in Win10, Mail is not listed in the Background Apps section and there is not way to get it there. I think if MS fixes this (allows
    the mail app to run in background), the Mail app may actually work for most people.

DeanLupari, May 12, 2019
  3. Not receiving notification on Windows 10 Mail App Notifications/Live Tile

Has anyone noticed that Windows 10 Mail App (for PC) notifications only work when the Mail app is left open and minimized to the taskbar? Same with the Mail Live Tile - it only updates when the mail app is open and minimized to the taskbar. Is this by
    design? I wish Microsoft would address this issue. On Windows 8.1, mail notifications would appear even if the mail app was closed. Same with Windows Phone 10 - the mail notifications appear even when the mail app is closed.

Original title: Windows 10 Mail App Notifications/Live Tile

DeanLupari, May 12, 2019
  4. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

1. Mail App live tile and notification are not working ! - Similar Threads - Mail App live

2. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  3. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  4. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, I posted this thread before and I didn't got a solution, I hope I'll get one this time. I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit and the Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the...
  5. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  6. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear....
  7. Live tile Weather app not working

Live tile Weather app not working: Live tile in the Weather app not working after last update of the app. It keeps defaulting to Canberra, despite being set to Sydney. Tried resetting, uninstalling / reinstalling. Why does Microsofoft keep breaking this?...
  8. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - live tile unread count not updating: In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img] And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails: [img] So what's going on? Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Mail app live tile does not show anything

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app live tile does not show anything: For the first time ever, since my main OS is Win 7, I tried to use the Mail app. So, I have connected my MS account, the one I use for Win 10, to the Mail application, and have set it to be my Default Mail app. The live tile on my Start Up looks like this (and it does not...
  10. Universal Apps - Live tiles not working

Universal Apps - Live tiles not working: I recently noticed that all live tiles for universal apps downloaded from the store are not working. Live tiles for modern apps and built-in universal apps (weather, store, maps ...etc) seems to be working fine, but the new facebook, twitter or any UWP apps have static tiles....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a live tile app for