Windows 10: Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

Discus and support Mail app - live tile unread count not updating in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img]... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by trashcan86, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails.

This is the live tile:

Mail app - live tile unread count not updating [​IMG]

And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails:

Mail app - live tile unread count not updating [​IMG]

So what's going on? Is there a fix for this? Note: This is build 9860.

:)

trashcan86, Nov 10, 2014

2. Not getting SMS notifications at all

I have a HTC Radar, and I am not getting any notifications for incoming SMS.

Whenever I receive a SMS, there is no ringing, no vibration, nothing, and the Live Tile doesn't even give an unread count!

My phone isn't on vibrate and the volume is full. Incoming calls are fine.

To check for any unread message I need to manually open the Messaging app.

This issue is just getting on my nerves.

Also, the lock screen is not updating, it shows 4 unread email, when I have none, although the live tile for linked inbox is fine, and no count for SMS. The phone correctly displays the number of missed calls, both on the live tile and the lock screen.

Please help me asap!

Ahmer Jamil Khan, Nov 10, 2014
  3. cboyd0319 Win User
    Inbox shows no mail (Phone 8 HTC8x)

I didn't set up all accounts under Live. I have two separate mail accounts on the phone: Exchange (work) and Gmail (home). I have two separate tiles for each. I need to keep the mail accounts separate.

My issue is that the tiles do not show the unread mail count at all times. They only show the unread count until you click on the tile. Then, even if you have 50 unread mail messages in your inbox, the tile shows no unread.

I guess there are two ways to think about this:

• For a personal/home primary use, then the current way makes sense. I know that I have 'x' number of unread emails in my Gmail box, and I don't really care. I only need to know about new mail for that tile.

• For the primarily business user though, I need to know how many unread emails are in my Exchange mailbox at all times - at a glance. This not only goes for my inbox, but for all watched folders. It seems weird that the company
      that developed Exchange and Outlook can't make this happen.
    If there was a way to toggle between the two, I think that would make everyone happy.

cboyd0319, Nov 10, 2014
  4. groze Win User

Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

That seems to be an issue in previous builds as well. I also didn't get all the emails either. Maybe MS is wanting on the consumer preview to fix it. Sorry, I can't help.

groze, Jan 26, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    Had this on Win 8.1 and uninstalled and reinstalled. During reinstall the store said "theres a problem with the mail app, we're fixing it" after that it was fine.

banger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

1. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating - Similar Threads - Mail app live

2. Mail Windows 10 Live tile not updating.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Windows 10 Live tile not updating.: Hello, i want to ask tile live on mail app on windows 10 Ver 20H2 not updating . I already try to enable backgrounds app sync and others, on notification banner work very fine but on live tile it wont, i don't know what happen i think it cause i yesterday re-arange the tile...
  3. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.: On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it....
  4. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, I posted this thread before and I didn't got a solution, I hope I'll get one this time. I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit and the Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the...
  5. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  6. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  7. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear....
  8. Mail app live tile does not show anything

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app live tile does not show anything: For the first time ever, since my main OS is Win 7, I tried to use the Mail app. So, I have connected my MS account, the one I use for Win 10, to the Mail application, and have set it to be my Default Mail app. The live tile on my Start Up looks like this (and it does not...
  9. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?: Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since...
  10. Mail App email count

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App email count: Is there a way to see an email count in the mail app? For example, when I'm in my inbox, how can I tell the total number of email in the inbox. I've just switched from Windows Live Mail (which is being depreciated) which had a count on the bottom pane. 49777

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail live tile not updating

2. windows 10 mail tile show unread

3. mail live tile on not working

4. windows 10 home mail unread count not updating