Windows 10: Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

Discus and support Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows mail app is malfunctioning after its May 2020 update from the Windows Store. The messages I send from my gmail accounts, appear to be sent out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LisaB20102, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

Windows mail app is malfunctioning after its May 2020 update from the Windows Store. The messages I send from my gmail accounts, appear to be sent out to the recipients, but instead of a copy going into my sent folder, it goes to my junk folder. As of June 9th, I am not able to see some attachments that are being sent to me, although if I go online and look at my gmail inbox, the attachments are shown.

This just started happening at the end of May 2020 or early June. Before that date, the mail functioned fine.

Is there any way to roll back the Mail app to the previous version? I am accessing it on a laptop computer.

Thanks.

LISA

:)

LisaB20102, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 10, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

1. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update - Similar Threads - Mail app malfunctioning

2. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.: I have moved emails from my INBOX to specific folders that have been set up. However, when I try to access the emails in any of the folders I do not find the emails I have previously moved there! What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Mail app empty July 3, 2020

Mail app empty July 3, 2020: Suddenly, my Windows 10 mail app has no email accounts showing. I had 4 email accounts in that app, now I have none. ****? I didn't do anything, it happened upon booting up and upon restarting, they are still missing. I am non-technical....
  5. Windows MAIL update May 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows MAIL update May 2020: Just completed the Windows 10 Mail update and attachments are missing from my gmail and yahoo accounts. I reset the app, did not help. All updates are current. Please advise...
  6. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  7. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Mail app malfunction

Mail app malfunction: A few days ago I posted a question about the function of the Mail app. When I open an email message like the one below using the Mail app viewer it only shows this line information with no pictures or images or graphics, just this. I've been told that it could be a corrupted...
  10. How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

in Browsers and Email
    How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?: Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me to keep my PC more secure...