Windows 10: Mail app not downloading some emails

Discus and support Mail app not downloading some emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes, if I click on an email that's not fully downloaded first, I can never download it again. It's locked in some kind of limbo. I use the mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RuthBurley, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Mail app not downloading some emails

Sometimes, if I click on an email that's not fully downloaded first, I can never download it again. It's locked in some kind of limbo. I use the mail app with Yahoo mail. How can I free it from limbo and get it downloaded into the mail app.

:)

RuthBurley, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app not downloading some emails :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 22, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail app not downloading some emails

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Mail app not downloading some emails

1. Mail app not downloading some emails - Similar Threads - Mail app downloading

2. chinese characters Windows Mail App: some emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chinese characters Windows Mail App: some emails: hi, I use Windows Mail and from one sender my bank the email displays in chineese whereas in my iphone it displayes correctly. ℼ⁅⁃⁌‰਍਍⁁⁥※≥ാ∽∷ാാ⁥›※‧਍⁲⌧‧ാ਍ാഊാ ⁥‧‧‧⌧‧†ഠഊ›਍†⁲⌧‧਍†I don't have chinese installed in my computer since i don't speak it. How do I solve this...
  3. Mail App Won't Receive Some Emails

Mail App Won't Receive Some Emails: My Mail App won't receive some emails, specifically from emails I haven't received from before. They say I'll get a confirmation email but I never receive anything. it doesn't happen with all emails. Recently, a friend forwarded me a confirmation email received from a game I...
  4. Windows Mail App - Some emails I sent showing up blank and some emails don't show an...

Windows Mail App - Some emails I sent showing up blank and some emails don't show an...: I've done a lot of research and seen a lot of threads regarding this but haven't found a solution. I have emails in my inbox which are suddenly not showing any attachments although attachments are definitely there. There are also "Sent" emails I've sent that are showing up...
  5. Mail app routing some email

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app routing some email: I understand that the Mail app is a very basic mail client with no capability to create rules and route unwanted email to the junk folder. However, some of my incoming unwanted email is automatically routed to the junk folder. How is this possible ? (Oh, how I miss WLM) W10...
  6. Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through

Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through: My Outlook.com account is synced with the Windows 10 Mail app, so that I'll get Action Center notifications about all new emails. It seems to be working fine for the most part, but this morning I found two new emails in Outlook.com that aren't in Mail and therefore I didn't...
  7. Issues while downloading some attachments on Mail app

Issues while downloading some attachments on Mail app: Hi Windows 10 mail app. If I open an e-mail with a PDF attachment the Mail app can download the attachment. But my p12 or p7s certificate files can't be downloaded. I receive this error: "We couldn't download one or more of the attachments. Please try again later"...
  8. Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails

Windows 10 Mail App will not download or send emails: Mail app will not download or send emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-will-not-download-or-send/d35b4402-13c3-4a66-971b-cc7c62b62595
  9. Can't Print Some Emails from the Mail app.

Can't Print Some Emails from the Mail app.: I cannot print some emails from the Mail app on Windows 10. There seems to be no pattern as to which emails I can print and which I cannot. My OS is up to date and I have also updated the printer drivers. I can print fine from other apps such as Edge and Notepad. Rebooting...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Corrupted--Not Downloading Email: Hi All Think Corrupted Windows 10 Mail app, isn't downloading any mail that I can see, kept saying 1 is unread, but don't see any in the list now, after app reset, didn't help any. Western Digital SSD, Chkdsk should be fine I think, but will run it soon, Sfc/scannow show...