Windows 10: Mail app not working now

Discus and support Mail app not working now in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swedeguy, Aug 5, 2015.

1. swedeguy Win User

Mail app not working now

My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my password, which I put in, save, but mail still won't work. When I go into "Settings" and look at the password field there are twice as many characters in it as my password. The app seems to be in some sort of loop of asking for information but not accepting it........

:)

swedeguy, Aug 5, 2015

2. Mail app is now not working error code 0x80070003

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to the start of the issue.

I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and see if it helps:

Please follow the link below to run the app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 5, 2015
  3. EdBahniuk Win User
    Mail app is now not working error code 0x80070003

My Win Mail app is now not working and no receiving email or not allowing any setting changes. OK for Outlook.com via a web browser to send and recv email.

EdBahniuk, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Mail app not working now

Mine didn't work at all after the second upgrade over the upgrade over W7 went much better and still you saw this!

Mail app not working now [​IMG]

Mail not working? My advice from trying to get that to even work once.... now note the icon on the task bar by the way right next to Windows Explorer or now labeled File Explorer or My PC in 10. Windows Essentials 2012 brings back the Windows Live Mail and puts it right there for you. You can even pin it to the new Start menu's tile section on the right.

You'll notice I got busy resizing the Start menu right after going over a number of things like utilities and other system functions even. In fact at the moment WLM is still syncing one of my older email accounts.

Fortunately it's still available for download since it was geared for 8 as well as for Vista and 7 being the updated version you can grab at Windows Essentials 2012 During the installation you won't want to leave Messenger checked off however since that is now long dead and replaced by Skype for Windows Desktop

After going over a number of inquiries posted at the MS Answers site regarding the Mail app in 10 the reference to WE 2012 was plain and simple since earlier versions of WLM were failing following upgrades from 7 as well as 8. So far WE is working like a champ here and I would advice downloading as well as consider Skype if you had previously been using the Live Messenger that is no longer. You can do more with Skype anyways! *Biggrin

Night Hawk, Aug 5, 2015
  5. dave 49 Win User
    dave 49, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Mine doesn't even fetch mail for the live account associated with the Win 10 install ...

GatsbyGlen, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Ironically after running AVG for years someone with some good intel pointed me at VIPRE after Sunbelt had been bought out by GFI and you simply cannot find a better av or Internet security program with web filtering as part of the firewall. But the first upgrade attempt that 10 go on was obviously incomplete and the program's installed refused to run until the second upgrade install went on the day sunday has been running rather smoothly since! All except a few things like MAIL!

The Windows Essentials 2012 on the other hand is working while when you have more then one account you may have to try a few times in order to get the WE to accept the email alias and password at the small popup prompt you see. That seems to be the only issue at being able to download emails from the Outlook.com servers.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail app not working now

1. Mail app not working now - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app and Photo app not working: Please I need help on this. The two applications are not working so from checking steps on the browser I decided to uninstall the app using powershell command. It is successful however when Im going to re install it using MS Store I cant open the store at all. It will open...
  3. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app and Photo app not working: Please I need help on this. The two applications are not working so from checking steps on the browser I decided to uninstall the app using powershell command. It is successful however when Im going to re install it using MS Store I cant open the store at all. It will open...
  4. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.: Why is it that the Mail App on my PC now displays in a peculiar kind of manner?All along previously whenever the App is started, a list of all my email accounts would appear on the left and a list of the email messages in the Inbox of a selected email account would appear on...
  6. Mail App not working

Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  7. Mail app is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  8. windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working

windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working: this morning i was in the process of sending an email when the default windows 10 mail app crashed and has not worked since. the app crashed at 10 am and as of 545 pm i am still unable to get any mail through the app. i have restarted the laptop, forced restart of mail app...
  9. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...
  10. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my password which I enter and save, I try to synch again and get the same results- an endless loop. I have run "sfc/scannow" and no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail error code 1001