Windows 10: Mail app not working properly

Discus and support Mail app not working properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomseys, Apr 24, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Mail app not working properly

Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app stopped checking for mail. I have to manually sync it for mail to come.

I've tried uninstalls/reinstalls, resets, removing/adding accounts and all settings are as they should be for notifications to work and for mail to be retrieved as it arrives.

If this is creator related, do you think they will fix it on an update or do I have to clean install the whole thing again?

:)

tomseys, Apr 24, 2017

2. Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi

Just an update to the other reply earlier today

This seems to be a common problem . Not being able to change account name in Windows Mail App Have now read multiple threads with others having the same issue. Have also read by adding another account and then deleting the primary this some times works.

The problem here is when I try to add another account to Windows Mail App I get an error saying 0x80040b0b. This also seems to be common.

Would again be grateful for advice

Thanks

Eddie

Eddiemac134, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Has the outlook.com e mail address been configured. Can you tell me how to configure and how I find this out.

How many accounts in the Mail App. Its only showing 1. This is from my Live Mail 2012. Not my new outlook.com account.

Is the e mail address the same as Microsoft account. Yes its the same as my home screen when I log in. Its also under the accounts in the Mail App

I'm logged in as Microsoft account.

My old e mail address Live Mail 2012 is pop 3 I think.

I also think my outlook.com [free version ) was set up as an alias

Do you have to add the outlook.com account to the Mail App ?

Thanks again

Eddie

Eddiemac134, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Mail app not working properly

1. Mail app not working properly - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly: Hello All/Anyone/Everyone; I am using Microsoft's Photos, you know the one that comes installed on a laptop...and it is having major issues. When I connect a headset with a microphone, it doesn't recognize the headset and it doesn't record. When I try to use my laptop's...
  3. windows camera app not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows camera app not working properly: hi , am facing issues with windows camera app since last month , tried to resolve somany times from input from windows forums.. as the issue is not solved and am still facing the same issues ,, also when I was looking into the issue I found out that the camera sensor is...
  4. Microsoft store app not working properly

Microsoft store app not working properly: When I open the store and I click on a game, already installed or not, the page wont load. The issue only occures when I try to open a game page, every other app works just fine. I get a screen that says: Try again later, The page cannot be openend, try again later. I've...
  5. Microsoft store app not working properly

Microsoft store app not working properly: When I open the store and I click on a game, already installed or not, the page wont load. The issue only occures when I try to open a game page, every other app works just fine. I get a screen that says: Try again later, The page cannot be openend, try again later. I've...
  6. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...
  7. Email app not working properly

in Browsers and Email
    Email app not working properly: I installed the latest cumulative update yesterday and noticed it had the same problem as the previous update which is settings in show notifications in senders were not showing properly. Also, I noticed a new issue and that was Mail was not sending me notifications. I...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly: Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I just went to use the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time and noticed that a lot of my emails are being displayed in a weird way, mostly with images. Most notably with youtube emails: Ex. 1 [img] (personal info has been 'oranged'...
  9. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...
  10. Downloader apps not working properly...

Downloader apps not working properly...: Hi everybody. i was using IDM(Internet download manager) it was good at early times but now it is not downloading from most sites. I tried flashget, jdownloader and orbit downloader and they are the same too. I checked firewall and gave these programs access to internet but...