Windows 10: Mail app not working properly

Discus and support Mail app not working properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomseys, Apr 24, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Mail app not working properly

Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app stopped checking for mail. I have to manually sync it for mail to come.

I've tried uninstalls/reinstalls, resets, removing/adding accounts and all settings are as they should be for notifications to work and for mail to be retrieved as it arrives.

If this is creator related, do you think they will fix it on an update or do I have to clean install the whole thing again?

:)

tomseys, Apr 24, 2017

2. Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi

Just an update to the other reply earlier today

This seems to be a common problem . Not being able to change account name in Windows Mail App Have now read multiple threads with others having the same issue. Have also read by adding another account and then deleting the primary this some times works.

The problem here is when I try to add another account to Windows Mail App I get an error saying 0x80040b0b. This also seems to be common.

Would again be grateful for advice

Thanks

Eddie

Eddiemac134, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Has the outlook.com e mail address been configured. Can you tell me how to configure and how I find this out.

How many accounts in the Mail App. Its only showing 1. This is from my Live Mail 2012. Not my new outlook.com account.

Is the e mail address the same as Microsoft account. Yes its the same as my home screen when I log in. Its also under the accounts in the Mail App

I'm logged in as Microsoft account.

My old e mail address Live Mail 2012 is pop 3 I think.

I also think my outlook.com [free version ) was set up as an alias

Do you have to add the outlook.com account to the Mail App ?

Thanks again

Eddie

Eddiemac134, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Mail app not working properly

1. Mail app not working properly - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Photo and mail app not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  3. Photo and mail app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  4. The mail application is not working properly

The mail application is not working properly: When I go to Outlook in Windows Mail app it doesn't load the emails first, but I can't go to others either, after clicking shutdown it doesn't work, and even when I go to Outlook and then back to my main gmail, Still not working properly! that could be happening?...
  5. Mail app not working properly.

Mail app not working properly.: After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of...
  6. Mail app doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  7. Mail App Search Online not working properly

Mail App Search Online not working properly: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  8. Mail app not working properly on Windows 10

Mail app not working properly on Windows 10: I had to Reset my Win 10 (because of problems). I was using "em Client" working before, but I downloaded it again but would not work. So, I then setup "Windows Mail", with my email address, etc.. and made it my default APP, and Windows said "you are all set". But, "Mail"...
  9. Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly: When I add a gmail account in my windows mail app, the account added but nothing happened. No inbox or sent mail are shown. Even I can not send any mail. When I start to sync it shows error code: 0*80072746. I tried many times to solve this. But I failed, Please help me to...
  10. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...