Windows 10: Mail app not working properly.

Discus and support Mail app not working properly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuCollie, Jan 13, 2021.

1. LuCollie Win User

Mail app not working properly.

After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of e-mails I have received but if I click on one, I can't read it. Sometimes clicking on an e-mail to try and read it, will make the mail app shut down altogether. I also can't send e-mails at all. I have tried everything I can think of to solve the issue - reset the app, changed sync settings, removed my e-mail accounts and re-added them and explored troubleshooting etc. but nothing seems to work. When the Mail app is open it seems that my laptop goes into overdrive and makes all sorts of noises, which stop once I close the app again. This problem with my Mail app has only occurred recently and I can't think of anything that could have caused it. Can anyone offer any suggestions to resolve the issue that I haven't tried already?

Moved from: Outlook.com/ Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email

:)

LuCollie, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app not working properly. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Mail app not working properly.

Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi Eddie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

• When you say that "mail ending in outlook.com", have you configured new Oultook.com
    • How many account are configured in the Mail app?
    • Is the email address in the Mail app as same as Microsoft Account with which you have logged in?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • When you say that "my old mail from this account", have you configured as POP 3 or IMAP account in the Windows Live Mail?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sending and receiving emails through Mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Mail app not working properly.

1. Mail app not working properly. - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Photo and mail app not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  3. Photo and mail app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  4. The mail application is not working properly

The mail application is not working properly: When I go to Outlook in Windows Mail app it doesn't load the emails first, but I can't go to others either, after clicking shutdown it doesn't work, and even when I go to Outlook and then back to my main gmail, Still not working properly! that could be happening?...
  5. Mail app doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  6. Mail App Search Online not working properly

Mail App Search Online not working properly: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  7. Mail app not working properly on Windows 10

Mail app not working properly on Windows 10: I had to Reset my Win 10 (because of problems). I was using "em Client" working before, but I downloaded it again but would not work. So, I then setup "Windows Mail", with my email address, etc.. and made it my default APP, and Windows said "you are all set". But, "Mail"...
  8. Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly: When I add a gmail account in my windows mail app, the account added but nothing happened. No inbox or sent mail are shown. Even I can not send any mail. When I start to sync it shows error code: 0*80072746. I tried many times to solve this. But I failed, Please help me to...
  9. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...
  10. Mail app not working properly

Mail app not working properly: Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app stopped checking for mail. I have to manually sync it for mail to come. I've tried uninstalls/reinstalls, resets,...