Windows 10: Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail

Discus and support Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The System Error Can’t get mail is one of the numerous issues like error code 0x8007139f, 0x80070490 PC users may encounter when trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 13, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail

Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail Mail-app-not-working-System-Error-Cant-get-mail.png
    The System Error Can’t get mail is one of the numerous issues like error code 0x8007139f, 0x80070490 PC users may encounter when trying to create or add mail accounts on the Mail app in Windows 11 or Windows 10. This post provides the most adequate solutions affected users can apply to resolve this particular issue […]

This article Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 13, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 13, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 13, 2022
  4. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, May 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Can’t find Mail app or store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t find Mail app or store: I did a reset on my win10 computer and now I can’t find the mail app or the store to download a new one. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-mail-app-or-store/bfab3f01-ae47-4eda-aad5-1b48a2d3d45d
  3. Can’t find Mail app or store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t find Mail app or store: I did a reset on my win10 computer and now I can’t find the mail app or the store to download a new one. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-mail-app-or-store/bfab3f01-ae47-4eda-aad5-1b48a2d3d45d
  4. Can’t find Mail app or store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  6. Getting Mail on the Mail app

Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  7. file system error -2147163901 mail app won't work

file system error -2147163901 mail app won't work: None of my windows apps are working. My computer is up to date, all the current updates have been installed. When turning on my computer I get this notification from file explorer, [ATTACH] I have uninstalled the Mail and Calendar app, and restarted my computer and now...
  8. Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App

Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App: If AOL Mail is not working in win 10 Mail, try this: Remove AOL account from Win 10 Mail Login to AOL Online . Under your name select "Account Info" On the left select "account security" at the bottom hover curser over "manage App and Passwords Click "Generate Password"...
  9. Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

in Browsers and Email
    Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..: We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea...
  10. Mail System error "Can't get mail"

in Browsers and Email
    Mail System error "Can't get mail": Hi all, First, please let me know if this is in the wrong place. I can't for the life of me seem to get the Mail app to work, despite making an Outlook account (rather than my usual Yahoo! account) and several hours searching the web. I've put the error message in quote...