Windows 10: Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

Discus and support Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is it that the Mail App on my PC now displays in a peculiar kind of manner?All along previously whenever the App is started, a list of all my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graham2014, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

Why is it that the Mail App on my PC now displays in a peculiar kind of manner?All along previously whenever the App is started, a list of all my email accounts would appear on the left and a list of the email messages in the Inbox of a selected email account would appear on the right pf the screen. Then when a message is selected from the list, it would open in a separate window.Now however, it is not the case any longer. When the Mail APP is started, messages in the Inbox of one of my email accounts appear on the left and a picture of a mountain scene appears on the right of the

:)

graham2014, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 13, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

1. Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner. - Similar Threads - Mail App working

2. Windows 10 Updated. Now all kinds of apps don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updated. Now all kinds of apps don't work.: After Windows 10 updated, I can no longer access calculator, camera, Microsoft Store, and who knows what else.How can this be fixed?Thanks....
  3. Windows 10 Updated. Now all kinds of apps don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updated. Now all kinds of apps don't work.: After Windows 10 updated, I can no longer access calculator, camera, Microsoft Store, and who knows what else.How can this be fixed?Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 Updated. Now all kinds of apps don't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working: this morning i was in the process of sending an email when the default windows 10 mail app crashed and has not worked since. the app crashed at 10 am and as of 545 pm i am still unable to get any mail through the app. i have restarted the laptop, forced restart of mail app...
  6. Peculiar email

in Browsers and Email
    Peculiar email: Hi I've received an email to my live mail account that is from an unknown person to the same person. The body of the email states: IS THIS YOUR PERSONAL OR WORK EMAIL? I've checked the message source details & there's no mention of my live email address. My question is: How...
  7. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my password which I enter and save, I try to synch again and get the same results- an endless loop. I have run "sfc/scannow" and no...
  8. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my password, which I put in, save, but mail still won't work. When I go into "Settings" and look at the password field there are twice...
  9. Update Manners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Manners: Yesterday I was scanning a long legal document. Windows thought it was time to upgrade itself. It gave me the option of restarting NOW or at 1:46PM. I chose the latter thinking I'd get another chance to delay things. Nope. At 1:46 PM scanning still going on, in the editing...
  10. Peculiar and perplexing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Peculiar and perplexing: On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display adapter,nvidea GeForce gt610,works without a problem, This situation happens every time,without fail. Fast startup and the...