Windows 10: Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Discus and support Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pfrr, Oct 12, 2018.

1. pfrr Win User

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Hi

I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app.

I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time.

I already tried the mentioned firewall method and also delete and add my outlook account. No change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank yoiu

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons) 0f80fd34-603a-42f8-bcce-2b8a8da230be?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 12, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons) - Similar Threads - Mail App does

2. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...
  3. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...
  4. Mail App link details obscuring link itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App link details obscuring link itself: Whenever I hover over a link in the outlook mail app a small window pops up with the properties for that particular link. Very often it pops up on top of the link itself thereby obscuring it from view. How can I stop this? [ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge: Earlier this year, Microsoft was testing a new feature in Windows 10 Mail app that would have forced users to open links found in emails on Microsoft Edge’s browser despite whatever selection users have as their default browser. “For Windows Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring,...
  6. Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?: Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge? 80795
  7. Windows 10 Mail app will not open.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app will not open.: Three days after what appeared to be a smooth upgrade from Windows 8.1, I experienced a problem with complete loss of Start screen, Start button and Search was also none active. The only solution appeared to be to create another user account which seemed to bring things back...
  8. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...
  9. Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app: I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.......
  10. Windows 10 Start button or apps dont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start button or apps dont open: First off i dont know if this is where i put this. Secondly, my issue is that when i click on the windows start button it doesnt open or do anything. Also if i wanted to use the windows 10 xbox app that wont open as well. Task manager is slow and so is file explorer. I have...