Windows 10: Mail app on Windows 10 stopped fetching new emails automatically

Discus and support Mail app on Windows 10 stopped fetching new emails automatically in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. I've used Windows 10 for 2 year without any problems until today. My mail app has stopped fetching new mail automatically, only working if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rofl48, Mar 10, 2017.

1. rofl48 Win User

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped fetching new emails automatically

Hi there.
    I've used Windows 10 for 2 year without any problems until today. My mail app has stopped fetching new mail automatically, only working if i manually ask it to sync my mails.
    I've tried resetting the app through the setting menu and I thought it was working again. Howerer, it looks like my account gets deleted by the mail calendar app everytime i restart or shut down my computer.
    Any one knows how to fix this ? Thanks in advance

:)

rofl48, Mar 10, 2017
  2. Elf88 Win User

Need to re-enter Hotmail account details for Microsoft Mail and Calender app often

This is very odd. The reset option is supposed to fix these kind of errors, but they keep coming. Did your account stopped to fetch new mails automatically as well ? That was the reason for me to reset the app and start this whole mess now.

Elf88, Mar 10, 2017
  3. How to set Outlook 2016 as the default mail program

I already went into Default apps setting, and verified that my default email is set to Outlook 2016.

But that doesn't solve the problem. The Windows 10 Mail is still working and fetching email automatically.

I want to STOP that.

Clement.Yip, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Mar 10, 2017
  5. rofl48 Win User
    rofl48, Mar 10, 2017
  6. I had this issue for a while now. I tried what you did too. It eventually spiraled from not auto syncing mail to randomly losing my 2 hotmail addresses, oddly it leaves my Gmail address alone. I eventually found this guide to uninstalling windows components through the PowerShell. How to uninstall default apps in Windows 10 - CNET
    I used the command line Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps. Then I went to the Microsoft store and reinstalled and set up the Mail and Calendar apps from there. It's only been a day but so far it has been working fine again.

imaddicted2u, Mar 11, 2017
  7. rofl48 Win User
    I'll try to do this, thanks !

rofl48, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped fetching new emails automatically - Similar Threads - Mail app stopped

2. Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails: Hi, Windows 10's mail app has been working flawlessly for me for a very long time now, in fact it is my favorite app to check my emails, but after a recent update I noticed new emails are no longer appearing in my inbox!The only solution to get to see new emails in the app is...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails: Hi, Windows 10's mail app has been working flawlessly for me for a very long time now, in fact it is my favorite app to check my emails, but after a recent update I noticed new emails are no longer appearing in my inbox!The only solution to get to see new emails in the app is...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  6. Windows 10 - Mail and Caledar app would not fetch the Holiday Calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Mail and Caledar app would not fetch the Holiday Calendar: Hello guys, didn't manage to find a solution online yet, thought i would try my luck here. So, i have tried to uninstall and install. Reset the app to no avail. My situation is similar to the link below except after i reinstalled, the issue remained....
  7. How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer

How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer: Hi all, I want to move my emails (of an exchange account) in Windows 10 Mail app from my current laptop to a new laptop. please suggest me to do that. i have noticed that the folders that i created in the Windows 10 Mail app are not in the exchange mailbox!! But to the best...
  8. Fetching the user's email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fetching the user's email address: I found out that using the stored email used to sign in with Windows, Microsoft Live, Skype is the best way to determine (in all probability) the active email address of the user. Windows stores used email accounts used as "Live ID" in the "UserExtendedProperties" key in...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.: Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem. The Mail app is no longer syncing my email automatically. I have to open the app and click the sync button manually for email to update. I see the app no longer runs in the background as it did when I first upgraded to...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account: Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app. after i read some of the post's here: Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums but i still not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fetching aol mail using microsoft mail app

2. outlook stopped fetching one of my accounts

3. my windows 10 mail inbox has stopped receiving my gmail emails

4. lenova mail app not fetching mygrande