Windows 10: Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Discus and support Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail and Calendar was set up with all three my email accounts and working perfectly well until today. It suddenly stopped working and won't open again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShereenCassim, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Mail and Calendar was set up with all three my email accounts and working perfectly well until today. It suddenly stopped working and won't open again. When clicking on the icon, it appears briefly then disappears. Please help!!!

:)

ShereenCassim, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail has stopped working

Hi Tony,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with accessing your emails.

From the above description, I understand, you can get into your Outlook.com account and access your emails in web based interface Outlook.com

• As you mentioned, "My Windows 10 Mail has stopped working", do you mean Windows 10 Mail App?

• Do you see any error message?

• The account you are facing issues with, is that the only and primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    If additional account, then I suggest
    remove the account and reconfigure it, and check the behavior. This doesn’t delete the original account or messages—you’ll still be able to get to them through a browser.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

I also suggest you to go to People.Live.com
    and check if you are able to access your contacts from web based interface.

Please keep us updated with the status of the issue, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

1. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly - Similar Threads - Mail app stopped

2. mail app suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app suddenly not working: Within the past week or two, my mail app on my HP envy laptop just stopped working. I was able to receive emails but I am not able to send any. I saw another post about what I could possibly do to fix this and I tried everything but I am still unable to send any emails....
  3. Camera App suddenly stopped working

Camera App suddenly stopped working: Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just downloaded Filmora9 and when I tried going into the Camera App to record myself, got the following message. :- Close other...
  4. Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop: Hi all, i found this forum to ask for you kind help. My mail app on Lenovo with Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. It wouldnt show any accounts, and after googling the solution, i went into Settings and them Mail and Calendar and reset it. It didnt work, so i uninstalled...
  5. windows 10 suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 suddenly stopped working: My OS(windows 10 home updated with last version) stopped working during I use it. Although,I reinstalling it and update it I try to make Hardware test Quick & Extended but there is no result my laptop is HP Envy....
  6. Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Windows 10 stopped working suddenly: While working on windows 10 the laptop suddenly stops working and no keys or mouse working even the cursor doesn't move. The power button doesn't work only if it's pressed long the system reboots. This generally happens if more than one task is going on the laptop. Can't...
  7. Windows Mail app stopped working

Windows Mail app stopped working: For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Program Suddenly not working.

Windows 10 Mail Program Suddenly not working.: Good evening, Every time I click on the mail icon, the program's startup window shows for a few seconds and then disappears without actually opening the program. I have tried everything I know to do. I have of course restarted many times in the very beginning and with each...
  9. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...
  10. Microsoft Mail stopped working suddenly

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Mail stopped working suddenly: Preview Build 14279 Mail stopped working suddenly. When launching now it immediately disappears. It's too bad as I liked the program. Anyway to trouble shoot this?? TIA 43739

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail suddenly stopped

2. windows mail quit working

3. windows phone email app stopped working

4. win 10 mailhas stopped working,
  5. gmail stopped working in windows 10 mail app,
  6. windows mail stop working,
  7. windows mail app stopped working works fine in browser,
  8. verizon account stopped working with Windows 10 mail app,
  9. emails suddenly stopped opening on my windows phone