Windows 10: Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

Discus and support Mail App on Windows - and the original email server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have had some email exchange with a booking company in the last few days using Mail App. When I look at my gmail inbox online, I cannot see any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aung35, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Aung35 Win User

Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

Hi, I have had some email exchange with a booking company in the last few days using Mail App. When I look at my gmail inbox online, I cannot see any of them. However, some other emails sent to me from e.g. Curry PC World is there and it is on the Mail App inbox as well. Can I ask why?

PS: I have created a subfolder for those bookings and moved the emails to there.... would that be the reason? But that should not have affected the emails on the gmail account??

I am confused....

:)

Aung35, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App on Windows - and the original email server :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 22, 2019
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app

I just updated the Outlook mail app and it seems that you can specify the servers and if they use SSL. Specifying SSL should set up the ports as you need them for AT&T

Add account
    Select advanced setup
    Select Internet email
    Select POP3
    make sure both Use SSL boxes are checked.

Mail App on Windows - and the original email server [​IMG]

That should do it, I did not take it to the next step - I don't have AT&T as a provider *Wink

Slartybart, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

1. Mail App on Windows - and the original email server - Similar Threads - Mail App original

2. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  4. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  5. Windows mail not sync on any email server

Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  6. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  8. Mail app not sending email when creating a conversation to a pop3 server

Mail app not sending email when creating a conversation to a pop3 server: I use the Windows 10 mail app linked to a student messaging server called Zimbra pop3 server. For some reason, I cannot send new mail by using the new message option. When clicking on send, the mail just disappear, doesn't appear in the list of sent message both on the...
  9. Windows 10 Mail not fully syncing with email server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not fully syncing with email server: I have a very frustrating issue with Windows 10 mail. A large number of sent emails are not appearing in the Sent folder. I can access them on the server, so they have not been deleted. That's good, of course. But I would like to be able to open them from within Windows 10...
  10. MS Edge/Windows 10 MS mail app saving emails for server?

MS Edge/Windows 10 MS mail app saving emails for server?: I have MS edge windows 10 using the mail app on 10 and I save many emails needed for reference to the drafts folder. After a period of time??? they are poof, gone, the drafts folder is still there but mail is not, searching does not retrieve them. I find them on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. In Win 10 Mail and Calendar App email addresses are not offerred when filling in the To line of a new email.