Windows 10: Mail app only working occasionally

Discus and support Mail app only working occasionally in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications. I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geoffllo, Jan 2, 2016.

1. geoffllo Win User

Mail app only working occasionally

• My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications.

I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't arrive, but interestingly, when I click on "All mail" they are all there.

I have removed my (GMail) account and then reinstated it, but that made no difference.

I have tried to uninstall the app using Powershell, but it asked me for "parameters" and I didn't know what to do at that point.

Any ideas, please, as to how to make the inbox and related notifications work correctly?

Geoff

:)

geoffllo, Jan 2, 2016

2. After 1511 Update Certain Apps on Taskbar and Start Menu Freeze

After the update, occasionally the task bar won't launch certain apps and quick launch will not work. Will try to restart and it will freeze at restart screen. Same for shutdown. Only way is to hard boot and they will come back after boot, but will
    freeze again after some time. The apps that don't seem to work appear to be the core apps (mail, calendar, store, ie..). Firefox and Word will open. Any ideas?

PStevens007, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Errorcode 0x80048830Trying to install email account

I've got the same occasional error with WP8.1 and W10, but only with Yahoo mail!

GarethCumming, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Mail app only working occasionally

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum *Smile

Not sure on the missing email issue, but for your issues with notifications, have a look at the following, it is an issue that has affected a few of us since Win 10 came out, no fix yet for it (though some suggestions below might work for you)

Mail Notification Question - Windows 10 Forums

paulsalter, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Mail app only working occasionally

1. Mail app only working occasionally - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys only work occasionally: So recently i kept getting this problem where certain keys R,T,F,G,V,B work for some time and goes unresponsive but it usually just goes back to normal after a few minutes, but today they just stopped working and it is really irritating. My drivers are up to date, so is my...
  3. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys only work occasionally: So recently i kept getting this problem where certain keys R,T,F,G,V,B work for some time and goes unresponsive but it usually just goes back to normal after a few minutes, but today they just stopped working and it is really irritating. My drivers are up to date, so is my...
  4. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connect App only works occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App only works occasionally: Hi, I've recently been trying to project my PC onto my Laptop to use it as a second monitor; however, the Connect App only works very rarely- I currently have two successful connections out of 20+ attempts. Often the app will inform me that my PC is attempting to connect, so...
  6. Connect App only works occasionally

Connect App only works occasionally: Hi, I've recently been trying to project my PC onto my Laptop to use it as a second monitor; however, the Connect App only works very rarely- I currently have two successful connections out of 20+ attempts. Often the app will inform me that my PC is attempting to connect, so...
  7. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  8. Mail App not working

Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  9. Mail app is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  10. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...