Windows 10: Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Discus and support Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago. Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Claw57, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Claw57 Win User

Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

:)

Claw57, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Hwyroamer Win User

Windows 10 mail not add account problem [error code 0x801901f4]

Yes i can create the msn mail account in the mail app both under a new user account and a new admin account, just can't create under the primary admin account which is where i need it.

Hwyroamer, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Reconfigure Surface pro as a work device instead of personal device.

My surface pro 3 what set up with a local admin sign in when I first bought it. How can I change this sign in under my work Office 365 email account in order to synchronize with that account. It only allows
    me to sign in with a personal @Microsoft.com account. I set up a new Surface pro from the start as a work device and now sign in with my work account.

Thanks

SurfaceProUser100, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

1. Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Run as admin doesn't install correctly but when signed in as admin it works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as admin doesn't install correctly but when signed in as admin it works.: Hi,I'm currently trying to install a custom version of Teamviewer on the computers for my company. I have a batch file which installs the program, assigns a config id and an API token, renames the Teamviewer ID and assigns it to a group. Here is the sample: msiexec.exe /i...
  3. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  4. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  5. Only account is non admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only account is non admin: I was a but stupid and managed to make my only account on Windows 10 non admin. I still have the windows 10 USB that was used to install Windows 10 onto my laptop. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop, I want to get admin back without having to reset anything. How can I do...
  6. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  7. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  8. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?: Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either! So, I have installed...
  9. Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will installed apps under the admin account be available to all?: Hello! I'm new to Windows after being a Mac user for the last 20 years. I have used Windows in work, currently I use Windows 7, but everything is locked down and we can only use certain programmes and can't make any changes at all - no internet either! So, I have installed...
  10. Mail app only working occasionally

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app only working occasionally: My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications. I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't...