Windows 10: Mail App Opens and shut down

Discus and support Mail App Opens and shut down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using the Mail app for a couple of week now. I have two accounts - one a Gmail account and one a POP3 account. They have both been working... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caveman88, Aug 21, 2015.

1. caveman88 Win User

Mail App Opens and shut down

I have been using the Mail app for a couple of week now. I have two accounts - one a Gmail account and one a POP3 account. They have both been working fine. All of a sudden, when I open the Mail app, it sits for about 3 seconds and then closes. I cannot bring up settings as there is not enough time. I can see a message sitting on each of the client mail queues.

The only thing that I did was switch my default browser from IE11 to Firefox as a workaround for an Outlook hyperlink problem. I did switch back to IE11 as the default and the problem is still there.

Any thoughts as to where I can look for a message as to why the mail app is failing?

Thanks,
    Z

:)

caveman88, Aug 21, 2015
  2. JWW901 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App shutting down/not loading

Just installed Windows 10. Clicked on the mail icon. It opens to a blue screen with the little mail icon, chugs a bit and then shuts down. I have shut down and restarted 3 times. No change in the results. The calendar app is doing the same thing. Suggestions?

Many thanks,

Joe

JWW901, Aug 21, 2015
  3. mail app not working

the mail app on windows 10 shuts down immediately upon opening - I just upgraded from windows 8

JoshOppenheim, Aug 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Mine started doing that. Only way I found to fix it was to run the Windows 10 setup.exe again and "upgrade" my current Windows 10 to Windows 10. Didn't lose any data or anything.

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2015
  5. caveman88 Win User
    I created an ISO disk. Are you saying that I should actually reinstall windows 10 from the disk?

Since I decided to make Firefox the default browser, I really want to delete the two mail app accounts and just use Outlook for all my mail.

Thank for the solution. I will think about it.

Z

caveman88, Aug 21, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Don't boot from it. Put it in with the operating system running and run setup.exe from it, just like you would do an upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2015
  7. caveman88 Win User
    I will give that a try later on today and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,
    Z

caveman88, Aug 21, 2015
  8. caveman88 Win User

Same problem. But at least I know that my ISO disk works.

There has to be a log out there somewhere. I guess I will try Google to see where it might be.

Z

caveman88, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You both might need to check in Time & Date settings in the control panel and check your Time zone settings and (this is usually the main problem)> go to the settings app and turn off Location for mail and calendar.

Mail App Opens and shut down [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  10. caveman88 Win User
    Location is ON and all the apps are OFF. I haven't touched these settings and the Mail app was working fine.

It just all of a sudden decided to stop working.

Z

caveman88, Aug 21, 2015
  11. caveman88 Win User
    Not sure what happened but when I tried the Mail app this time all of my mail was there and the app stayed up.

Maybe it was the reload of Windows 10 that did it.

I am happy now.

Thanks for all your help on this problem.

Z

caveman88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App Opens and shut down - Similar Threads - Mail App Opens

2. Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down: When I try to open a app in the desktop using my mouse it doesn't work when I go to downloads and click it went back to quick access. When I open a browser and open a website but when I click something it went back to the time I open it again. My taskbar doesn't work properly...
  3. Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down: When I try to open a app in the desktop using my mouse it doesn't work when I go to downloads and click it went back to quick access. When I open a browser and open a website but when I click something it went back to the time I open it again. My taskbar doesn't work properly...
  4. Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Mail suddenly shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail suddenly shuts down: I have tried resetting the Mail App. The problem came back after 2 days. sfc /scannow didn't find any integrity violation. Exception code c0000005 seems to be access violation code. I do have RAM OC on my computer but that setting has been stable for the past 2 years without...
  6. Windows Mail suddenly shuts down

Windows Mail suddenly shuts down: I have tried resetting the Mail App. The problem came back after 2 days. sfc /scannow didn't find any integrity violation. Exception code c0000005 seems to be access violation code. I do have RAM OC on my computer but that setting has been stable for the past 2 years without...
  7. Mail app shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  8. Mail app shuts down

Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  9. Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down

Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down: When I start Microsoft Mail & Calendar app on PC it will shutdown after 5 seconds then disappears from my task bar. Popup will appear to say I have mail but when I click on it It will start the mail app and shut down after 5 seconds again. I have tried uninstalling,...
  10. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening: Just today Windows Mail has started to shut down a couple of seconds after it opens without any intervention. I have run the image scan ( no errors detected ) and the image restore ( successfully ) but the problem is still there. Any one who can help with this ? Many...