Windows 10: Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

Discus and support Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Nov 11, 2016.

1. JJG10 Win User

Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have checked the settings for these two apps against the settings of the one that behaves as I think it should. All app settings are identical as are the cox webmail settings for each account.

Can someone please help me getting the two misbehaving apps to not delete the messages from the server? If I have to delete the app and reinstall it that is fine with me but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Kate 432 Win User

Windows 10 Mail leave a copy on the server

Hi Paola,

I have a few email accounts. Some are POP3 and some are not. I am only having trouble with the POP3 accounts.

I am using Windows 10 Mail. I cannot find an option on Windows 10 Mail to leave a copy of message on server. As a result all my emails in my POP3 accounts arrive on the server and then within an hour or 2 they disappear. This does not happen with the non-POP3
    email accounts.

Where is the option in Windows 10 Mail app to leave a copy of the message on server? I want the POP3 emails to stay on the server in Windows 10 Mail app.

Thanks.

Kate 432, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Turn off sync in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Kindly mention the domain of the account that you have set up with mail app?

Since you have set up the account as POP3, once the mails are accessed through the desktop (any mail client) it will be removed from the server. If you do not wish to remove these mails from the server, you might have to change the settings for your
    account and enable it to leave a copy of message on the server.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

1. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server. - Similar Threads - Mail App POP3

2. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  3. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  4. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  5. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  6. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  7. Mail app not sending email when creating a conversation to a pop3 server

Mail app not sending email when creating a conversation to a pop3 server: I use the Windows 10 mail app linked to a student messaging server called Zimbra pop3 server. For some reason, I cannot send new mail by using the new message option. When clicking on send, the mail just disappear, doesn't appear in the list of sent message both on the...
  8. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...
  9. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

in Browsers and Email
    error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account: I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147
  10. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail app pop leave emails server

2. does microsoft store app mail delete pop3 from server

3. google mail client removes messages from server

4. win 10 app removes mail on server