Windows 10: Mail App - Search Goes Crazy

Discus and support Mail App - Search Goes Crazy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Thanks for looking at my post .. I have a strange one that is confusing me .. I have a user who when she does a search in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoshHallett, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Mail App - Search Goes Crazy

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for looking at my post ..

I have a strange one that is confusing me .. I have a user who when she does a search in the mail app items show up with no trouble , but when you click on one of the emails all of sudden the program goes crazy and things start to "disappear" .. but if you cancel the search and do the same again the message are still there ..

Its very strange and confusion because not sure what is causing it ..

I took a video of it but not sure how to post it so people can see it ..

Any thoughts ?

:)

JoshHallett, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App - Search Goes Crazy :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 3, 2020
  3. MAIL APP

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The Mail app might be unpinned from the start menu I would suggest you to search the mail app by following the below steps and check if it helps:

• Click on search icon and in the search box type
      Mail
    • It will show you mail app at the top of the Window
    • Right click on the Mail app and click on
      pin to start.
    Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail App - Search Goes Crazy

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Mail App - Search Goes Crazy

1. Mail App - Search Goes Crazy - Similar Threads - Mail App Search

2. My designer keyboard goes crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My designer keyboard goes crazy: Hello,my designer keyboard is not working correctly. When I press keys "q","e" or "r" I will get "req", when I press "w" or "t" I will get "tw", for "u" its "-u" for "i" its "§i" and so on... When I press Windows key my windows are switching like "Alt+Tab" is doing. I already...
  3. Windows Mail crazy with folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail crazy with folders: My icloud mail is the only email account added to Windows Mail. The app is showing both a "Sent" folder and a "Sent Messages" folder.It also has "Deleted Messages" and "Trash"and it has "Outbox" and "Pending"How can I merge these?...
  4. Windows Mail crazy with folders

Windows Mail crazy with folders: My icloud mail is the only email account added to Windows Mail. The app is showing both a "Sent" folder and a "Sent Messages" folder.It also has "Deleted Messages" and "Trash"and it has "Outbox" and "Pending"How can I merge these?...
  5. My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.: Anyone can help me please? My Mouse and Keyboard it's goes crazy.... and it's make unsuable. If i need to use i need to press Ctrl + Alt + Del every any seconds to make it usable. It's drivers thing or anything? Anf i just double click on anygame or any files it's open...
  6. bluetooth kinda goes crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth kinda goes crazy: when i connect my bluetooth headphones the icon in the bottom right begins to flash back and forth rapidly between the laptop speakers and headset volume up and mute how can i fix this? i checked the driver says up to date...
  7. Fusion5 goes crazy while charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fusion5 goes crazy while charging: I’ve only had my fusion5 tablet for a few weeks purchased on amazon. It charges fine and holds a decent charge, but while plugged in Windows 10 goes crazy. The start menu flashes open and closed repeatedly, random apps open and close repeatedly. I normally use it on battery...
  8. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  9. Computer Goes Crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Goes Crazy: So this thing has been happening to my computer since 3 weeks ago, and it’s been driving me nuts... someone help me please!! https://youtu.be/vxpvq9A2JZM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-goes-crazy/aff6af25-0d25-402c-8f1e-d91b6ce01705
  10. Crazy amounts of searches

Crazy amounts of searches: I recently had a virus that wreaked havoc with my laptop. I was putting everything back in order when I noticed how messed up File Explorer was. It has the same folders under different headings. The worse part is under Searches/Everywhere & Searches/Indexed Please tell me...