Windows 10: Mail app set up questions...

Discus and support Mail app set up questions... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; ...new to the Mail app - Windows 10 Insider build 16241 Pro x64 Have used Outlook for years as my email client, very happy with it. A few days ago... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 24c, Jul 16, 2017.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Mail app set up questions...

...new to the Mail app - Windows 10 Insider build 16241 Pro x64

Have used Outlook for years as my email client, very happy with it. A few days ago it stopped being able to send, but could receive. I checked with my ISP, COX Communications, the tech and I tried all sorts of settings, nothing worked. The tech said the issue was at their end and they'd up the ticket thru the tech chain. Still waiting for a reply.
    After waiting 3 days I decided to try the Win 10 email app. Setting up my account was fairly easy, my COX email address is also my Windows account. I sent an email to a buddy of mine and all went well. But, I don't seem to be able to receive emails as they stop at cox.net webmail.
    Any suggestions as to what might be causing this would be much appreciated.

:)

2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 mail - Just want to see my real settings

Based on the screenshot that you have posted, you are referring to the email setup settings in the Mail app for Windows 10. You may have to add your account in Mail app using
    Advanced setup to see the settings that include the SMTP Server settings. For more information in setting up email in Mail, kindly see
    Set up email in Mail for Windows 10.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Jul 16, 2017
  3. JohnSabol Win User
    email app on windows 10

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further.

1. How exactly are you trying to set up your e-mail?
    Using the email app

2. what is the error message or code that you receive while trying to set up the e-mail?

The email account password is not accepted and no access is provided

3. Are you able to use your e-mail through browser?
    Yes

4. Did you try setting up another e-mail id in the mail app? Yes Only Outlook

5. What happens when you try to set up the e-mail address?
    See #2

JohnSabol, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Mail app set up questions...

Hi 24c

I would strongly recommend you contact Cox for specific set up instructions. These instructions are about eight months old and it would appear that they only support POP3 accounts. Windows 10 Mail likely tried to set up as IMAP.

These screen shots are from .... I don't know, might be WLM.

http://www.cox.com/business/support/...3-000000000000

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 17, 2017
  5. 24C
    24c Win User
    Thanks Ken -

Since I posted the above yesterday, my COX email is "sort of" working. When I hit SEND, the message sits in the outbox until I click Send and Receive or wait for the next S&R cycle. At least I can send from Outlook now.

I have installs of Office 2010 2013, and 365 (all on different drives) and the above action is true for all 3 versions of Outlook. Also,
    I uncheck "Send immediately when connected" on all 3 installs, yet it still cycles through the S&R cycle upon opening Outlook.

Office 2010 Windows Pro - 15063.483
    Office 365 - Windows Education Insider - 16241
    Office 2013 - Windows Insider Professional - 16241
    I think I need a few more Installs - *Wink

I am supposed to be hearing from COX "soon", will wait and what they have to say if they do contact me. I was told the other night the issue was on their end and it involved Outlook.

I still have Office 2007 which I can install on another drive if need be - *Smile

Thanks again for the reply.

6. Helmut Win User
    The reference given shows the IMAP settings down the pages right at the bottom.
    Screens will obviously be different for the Win 10 Mail App.

You may have to try more than once. I have an old Mail Account that makes the Mail App think sometime before it sets it up, but it does eventually.

Helmut, Jul 17, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. 24C
    24c Win User

Thanks for the replies.

Right now I am going to stick with Outlook, since I can get it to S & R. If I do hear from COX, I may learn more about the situation.

I've been using Outlook for as long as I can remember - I love it.

Thanks again.

Thema:

1. Mail app set up questions... - Similar Threads - Mail app set

2. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  3. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  4. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  5. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  6. Set up questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set up questions: What do I need to do to stop computer from sending gibberish to a remote unlisted printer during startup or reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-questions/fccb2b0f-27e1-425e-b9c8-7316d1ba5967
  7. Settings App Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App Question: Hello, I have a fairly simple question to ask. Why does my Windows 10 build (updated to the latest version) look different compared to others using the same build? Here is an example picture of my settings app: [ATTACH]Here is an example picture of another users settings...
  8. Mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail set up: I need help with Mail set up on windows 10. The system keep asking me to fix my account by entering password. After I have inserted the password, it does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-set-up/6f2b3214-a4ed-435a-8aa6-3f700a1c6236
  9. Setting up mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up mail.: Having just downloaded Win 10, (I think its great) I find I cannot activate my email. I got my Gmail account working OK. I've tried all the set up procedures without success. I must have missed something. Can anyone advise? 49454
  10. Questions about setting up Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about setting up Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Having lots of problems getting Windows Live Mail working with Win 10. I managed to set up the 6 email accounts in question but only one is working. So my first question is, what does "Link Inboxes" do? I'm hoping that by selecting "Link Inboxes" that the other 5 accounts...