Windows 10: Mail App Shows 1 email, even though I have 0 emails

Discus and support Mail App Shows 1 email, even though I have 0 emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 0 emails. I checked everywhere for emails. I deleted them all. My inbox, outbox, trash, archive, junk, spam, you name it. All empty. Yet the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xtre, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Xtre Win User

Mail App Shows 1 email, even though I have 0 emails

I have 0 emails. I checked everywhere for emails. I deleted them all. My inbox, outbox, trash, archive, junk, spam, you name it. All empty. Yet the app shows 1 unread email. This is the generic mail app that comes with windows, NOT outlook.

:)

Xtre, Sep 7, 2019
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Deleting emails in Windows Mail does not delete emails across all mail clients?

I have setup my gmail account in Windows 10's standard mail app.

I would like to make it so when I delete, read, or otherwise modify an email in the Windows 10 client, for that to show across all my other email reading devices.

For example: When I delete an email on my iPhone, it also is already deleted when I open the mail app on a mac.

Currently, reading an email or marking it as read does not sync. Deleting an email also does not sync.

I would like to be able to delete an email on Windows 10 Mail, and have it be deleted across all mail clients, or read and email or so on.

How do I enable this?

DCIndieDev, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Mail App email count

Not sure with the Mail app but many lists such as files in File Explorer or messages in Outlook.com have a choice of showing a box at the left end that can be checked, checking all of them usually shows a total of those with the checkmarks, Outlook.com shows the number checked at the top of the list while File Explorer shows it in the bar at the bottom..

Berton, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Mail App Shows 1 email, even though I have 0 emails - Similar Threads - Mail App Shows

2. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  3. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  4. Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew: I have Hebrew installed on my Windows 10 PC and when I look at my Gmail account from the browser, it displays Hebrew in both the email title and body. But, when I use the Mail app, it only displays the title in Hebrew. The body is gibberish. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  5. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  6. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.: I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app. Help?...
  7. Emails not showing on mail

Emails not showing on mail: I am having an issue with my mail program. Whenever I receive an email on one of my accounts, it will be there for a short time, roughly 10 minutes, and then it will get automatically deleted. It cannot be seen anywhere within the program, even within the deleted section....
  8. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba
  9. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  10. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...