Windows 10: Mail app suddenly in different language

Discus and support Mail app suddenly in different language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a couple of days (I think I noticed it on Thursday/Friday, did not used my laptop on Saturday and still there on Sunday and today) I noticed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rene Beltman, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Mail app suddenly in different language

Since a couple of days (I think I noticed it on Thursday/Friday, did not used my laptop on Saturday and still there on Sunday and today) I noticed the Mail app is set to English where I used to have it in my native local language (Dutch). I have checked all the language settings in the settings screen and they are all set to Dutch as far as I can see. Is there some possibility to set the language of the mail app back to Dutch? Thanks in advance.

:)

Rene Beltman, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app suddenly in different language :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows suddenly mixing different languages

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall French language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to add

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Select French Language and click on the
      Option, adjacent to French language.

• Click on Remove.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you

Santosh_Rai, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Mail app suddenly in different language

Apps language suddenly changed !

Hi Mike,

To resolve your issue with your apps showing different languages, we suggest you do the troubleshooting below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Make sure it's viewed by Category.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Select Language.
    • Click Advanced settings.
    • Under Overide for Windows display language, select on the drop-down
      English.
    • Click Save.
    • Restart your device and see if it works.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Mail app suddenly in different language

1. Mail app suddenly in different language - Similar Threads - Mail app suddenly

2. Display language and input language differences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  3. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is...
  4. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  5. Different languages in the screen settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Different languages in the screen settings: Hallo all, after ticking various obptions, I get replies/description in both languages: [img] [img] [img] Further troubles with the language settings can be found in this thread: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums Thanks...
  6. Fresh install in a different language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install in a different language: Hello. I've bought an HP laptop with preinstalled Russian version of Windows 10 PRO. I am going to use Media creation tool to make clean install and I would like to use English version of Windows. Can I do that? Will it activate automatically or I can run into some issues...
  7. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...
  8. Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App: Hello Can someone please tell me the difference between the two mail applications. Both facilities seem to do the same thing albeit under a different wrapper. Well that’s the way I see it. At present, I am using Windows Live Mail. I have POP3 accounts from 3rd party...
  9. Mail and Calender apps suddenly disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calender apps suddenly disappeared: Hi, My mail and calendar apps have just suddenly disappeared. I've tried the uninstall trick using powershell and reinstall but still missing the apps. I've also tried a sfc /scannow but no luck. The Microsoft Store reports the apps as installed. Anyone have any ideas....
  10. Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language

Weather app: the maps are displayed in a different language: Hello all ! My computer's language is English, and I'm currently living in Cyprus for a few months. The thing is, when I use the weather application, and more specifically the "maps" tab, the names on the map are displayed in Greek... (because Greek is Cyprus' language). It's...