Windows 10: Mail app suddenly in different language

Discus and support Mail app suddenly in different language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a couple of days (I think I noticed it on Thursday/Friday, did not used my laptop on Saturday and still there on Sunday and today) I noticed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rene Beltman, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Mail app suddenly in different language

Since a couple of days (I think I noticed it on Thursday/Friday, did not used my laptop on Saturday and still there on Sunday and today) I noticed the Mail app is set to English where I used to have it in my native local language (Dutch). I have checked all the language settings in the settings screen and they are all set to Dutch as far as I can see. Is there some possibility to set the language of the mail app back to Dutch? Thanks in advance.

:)

Rene Beltman, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app suddenly in different language :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows suddenly mixing different languages

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall French language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to add

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Select French Language and click on the
      Option, adjacent to French language.

• Click on Remove.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you

Santosh_Rai, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Mail app suddenly in different language

Apps language suddenly changed !

Hi Mike,

To resolve your issue with your apps showing different languages, we suggest you do the troubleshooting below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Make sure it's viewed by Category.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Select Language.
    • Click Advanced settings.
    • Under Overide for Windows display language, select on the drop-down
      English.
    • Click Save.
    • Restart your device and see if it works.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Mail app suddenly in different language

1. Mail app suddenly in different language - Similar Threads - Mail app suddenly

2. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  3. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  4. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  5. Different languages

Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps

Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps: Hi,I have some of my Microsoft apps, like OneDrive App, Mail and others shown in Finnish, despite my language setting being English.I have recently moved from Australia to Finland and started to learn the Finnish language. Not being remotely close to properly communicate...
  7. mail app suddenly not working

mail app suddenly not working: Within the past week or two, my mail app on my HP envy laptop just stopped working. I was able to receive emails but I am not able to send any. I saw another post about what I could possibly do to fix this and I tried everything but I am still unable to send any emails....
  8. Change Mail app language

Change Mail app language: Hello, I am a French Canadian. My Windows 10 computer is set to English, which I chose because I want everything to be in English for various reasons. When I write an email in French on the Mail app, some of the words get auto corrected and automatically changed to...
  9. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  10. Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App: Hello Can someone please tell me the difference between the two mail applications. Both facilities seem to do the same thing albeit under a different wrapper. Well that’s the way I see it. At present, I am using Windows Live Mail. I have POP3 accounts from 3rd party...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop is suddenly in a different language