Windows 10: Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through

Discus and support Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Outlook.com account is synced with the Windows 10 Mail app, so that I'll get Action Center notifications about all new emails. It seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lisa_321, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Lisa_321 Win User

Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through

My Outlook.com account is synced with the Windows 10 Mail app, so that I'll get Action Center notifications about all new emails. It seems to be working fine for the most part, but this morning I found two new emails in Outlook.com that aren't in Mail and therefore I didn't get an Action Center notification about them. I did get A.C. notifications about other emails from this morning.

Details on setup and troubleshooting steps to date are below. Do you know what might be causing this?

Does Mail sync work with Outlook.com folders and subfolders, not just the Inbox itself?

These two emails have rules attached which automatically route them into an Inbox subfolder. Note: this is actually anInbox subfolder, created by right-clicking Inbox and selecting "Create new subfolder" - different from scrolling to the bottom of the folder list and clicking "New folder."

I'd appreciate an answer for both types of folders, since I have rules which route emails into both kinds.

Thanks in advance!

Windows 10 Mail app setup:

• Link inboxes > Choose inboxes to link: the checkbox for "Outlook - <name>@outlook.com" is ticked
    • Account settings > Outlook account settings: <name>@outlook.com is listed; the box labelled "Account name" is filled in with "Outlook"
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > Download new content: <as items arrive>
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > "Always download full message..." <checkbox is not ticked> I don't want the full message in Mail. I'm happy with Outlook.com for that. I want Mail and A.C. syncing for notification purposes only
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > Download email from: <the last 3 days>
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > Sync options > Email: <on>
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > Sync options > Calendar: <on>
    • Account settings > Outlook sync settings > Sync options > Contacts: <off>

I did or checked the following things, from here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...8c8-b8ee-cfb421afea22?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

and here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

• made sure Windows and apps Mail app, in particular are up to date they are
    • downloaded and ran the app troubleshooter it said I wasn't signed in to my Microsoft account, and that "the location where temporary Internet files are stored has changed." I don't see how either of those could affect syncing of only some emails, but I fixed the temporary files problem.
    • removed and re-added my Outlook.com account in Mail
    • reset the Mail app
    • after doing those things, I reset all the settings to what's listed above, and used the "Sync this view" button in Mail to refresh the contents. The missing emails still aren't there.
    • I don't have any third-party security software.

:)

Lisa_321, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 27, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through

Windows 10 mail outlook app- slow syncing

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about syncing mails on Windows 10 Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What type of email account are you working on? Is it POP3, IMAP or Exchange server email account?
    • Are you referring to Outlook Mail Client or website?

If you are referring to Outlook Mail app then, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Outlook FAQ.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through

1. Mail app sync with Outlook.com - some emails aren't coming through - Similar Threads - Mail app sync

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...: Within the last couple of days, emails coming from some people through Mail function as carrying all the meta data and are unintelligible. This is a small sample. Mail coming through the AOL via Edge is all correct...so how do I fix?-Originating-Ip:...
  5. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  6. No emails coming through

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No emails coming through: I have a new laptop and have got everything working except the emails are not arriving. I still have my old laptop going and the emails come there and on my Amazon Fire tablet as well. Are they not arriving because they can't go to 2 laptops? I tried to see what I could do...
  7. email outlook windows 10 some emails not coming thru

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email outlook windows 10 some emails not coming thru: email outlook windows 10 some emails not coming thru https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-outlook-windows-10-some-emails-not-coming/2b2e50dc-d83d-42f4-b448-83d334d6cf50
  8. Sent emails won't sync through Mail

Sent emails won't sync through Mail: I use Mail on Windows 10. My normal inbox and its organizing folders are all working/receiving emails/syncing completely fine however my sent email is not syncing at all and won't show any of my sent emails. When I try and reload it, it tries to sync and then comes up with...
  9. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  10. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...