Windows 10: Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

Discus and support Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to set up my organizations email. I have done so on my desktop, phone and old laptop.However, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJKing77, Apr 10, 2022.

1. JJKing77 Win User

Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

Hello, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to set up my organizations email. I have done so on my desktop, phone and old laptop.However, when I set try to set up the email according to my organization, as I've done before, I get the message, "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email administrator. To sync Email, You'll need to update your settings."I followed the "Learn more" on this banner, applied all the suggestions, and nothing has changed.I'll try to include as much info as I can, Thank you in advance.The email uses Exchange ActiveSync.My other emails

:)

JJKing77, Apr 10, 2022

2. Use OAuth or secure mail key for email apps

I am getting the following notice about using an email which I do. I am using windows 8.1. I don't know the name of the email app that I am using. Do I need to do anything to continue getting my email? Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Access AT&T email with an email app that uses OAuth

If you’re like most people, you have email apps that let you read and manage email on your computer and mobile devices. For your security, we suggest you only use email apps with an email technology known as Open Authentication or OAuth.
    OAuth encrypts your username and password to protect your info from hackers and fraudsters.

[table][tr][td]iPhones & iPads running iOS 9.0 and above[/td][td]
    • Apple Mail
    • Outlook Mobile
    • Yahoo Mail app
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Android devices running Lollipop/5.0 or above[/td][td]
    • Gmail
    • Outlook Mobile
    • Yahoo Mail app
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mac computer running OS 10.11/El Capitan or above[/td][td]Apple Mail[/td][/tr][tr][td]PC running Windows 10[/td][td]Windows Mail[/td][/tr][tr][td]Email app not listed?Here’s a quick way to find out if your email app uses OAuth. Start setting up a new email account in your app. Your app may offer you a list of email providers that includes Yahoo. If it does, your email app is OAuth compatible. Be sure to select Yahoo as your provider. You’re all set![/td][/tr][/table]

Non-OAuth compatible email apps

• Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
    • Mozilla Thunderbird
    • Windows Mail on personal computers running Windows 8 or older
    • Apple Mail/Mac Mail on macOS 10.10/Yosemite or older

We suggest you switch to an email app that has OAuth. Get step-by-step instructions on how to set up or update your email account in several popular email apps, using our Troubleshoot
    & Resolve Tool.

Access AT&T email through an email app using a secure mail key

If you prefer to use an email app that isn’t compatible with OAuth, you’ll have to create a special code called a secure mail key. You’ll use this secure mail key instead of your AT&T password when you set up an email app.

Learn how to create a secure mail key

Access AT&T email at att.net

You can always use your regular password to access your AT&T email at att.net through a Web browser.

johnsonconnie, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Mark Bu Win User
    Mail and Calendar Sync with Microsoft Exchange

Hello,

There are differences between Windows 8 Mail app and Windows 10 Mail app. It is not the same app updated for Windows 10. The Windows 10 Mail app has additional support for EAS policies that were not available in the Windows 8 Mail app.

I am not suggesting that there is not an issue with Sync on Windows 10. However we would need to understand whether or not you are receiving this error message from your work account due to not meeting a security requirement that is enforced by your works
    email server policies. If this is the case, the only way to resolve the problem would be to determine the policy that you system is not compliant with and correcting that issue. If it turns out that you are meeting all of the security requirements for your
    works email server, we can investigate that issue further.

You may also want to review the article
    This device doesn’t meet the security requirements set by your email administrator

Mark Bu, Apr 10, 2022
  4. JCabYW Win User

Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

Mail App says device not 'secure enough'

I used the windows 10 mail app and it worked perfectly, then I reset my computer. Now when I put my school email in the app, it says that the device isn't meeting the security requirements. I clicked the learn more button, followed all the steps and it STILL
    says it. Anything else I can do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JCabYW, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin." - Similar Threads - Mail App device

2. Either Security Processor is valid or it is not; "Your Device Meets The Requirements For...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Either Security Processor is valid or it is not; "Your Device Meets The Requirements For...: Hello,Unsure if this issue is related to LSA bug in Windows 10/11 or not.This is a new system purchased about one month ago.MicroCenter PowerSpec B734 mini-tower ASRock board A520-HDV AMD Ryzen 7 5700G AMD Graphics. 32GB RAM Issue arises because Windows Security will either...
  3. Either Security Processor is valid or it is not; "Your Device Meets The Requirements For...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Either Security Processor is valid or it is not; "Your Device Meets The Requirements For...: Hello,Unsure if this issue is related to LSA bug in Windows 10/11 or not.This is a new system purchased about one month ago.MicroCenter PowerSpec B734 mini-tower ASRock board A520-HDV AMD Ryzen 7 5700G AMD Graphics. 32GB RAM Issue arises because Windows Security will either...
  4. "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello.": "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello." I can't set up Sign-in PIN because of this error. It was running perfectly since a year, but after an update i can't able to sign-in with my PIN. I tried everything from microsoft help....
  5. "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello."

"This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello.": "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello." I can't set up Sign-in PIN because of this error. It was running perfectly since a year, but after an update i can't able to sign-in with my PIN. I tried everything from microsoft help....
  6. your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment: your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-doesnt-meet-the-hardware-requirment/774654b6-4153-4441-b748-d927c9b2470d
  7. your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment

your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment: your pc doesn't meet the hardware requirment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-doesnt-meet-the-hardware-requirment/774654b6-4153-4441-b748-d927c9b2470d
  8. Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin.": Hello, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to set up my organizations email. I have done so on my desktop, phone and old laptop.However, when I set try to set up the email according to my organization, as I've done before, I get the message, "This device doesn't meet...
  9. Doesn't meet your organization's requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't meet your organization's requirements: I cannot change my pin, password or anything because this keeps popping up. I have windows 10 home, anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/hudsonlstl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdyrr8/doesnt_meet_your_organizations_requirements/
  10. This device doesn't meet your organizations requirements for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This device doesn't meet your organizations requirements for Windows Hello: Trying to enable Windows Hello but we can't seem to do it. I've enabled Use Windows Hello for Business Use Biometrics like it says to do in some documents from Microsoft, but it's still not working, and the Learn More doesn't tell me anything related to my issue....