Windows 10: Mail app will not open on my PC ????

Discus and support Mail app will not open on my PC ???? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my mail window will not open ???? The last update messed my PC up . Backed it up to another restore point , tried to get the pc to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WayneYQ, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WayneYQ Win User

Mail app will not open on my PC ????

For some reason my mail window will not open ???? The last update messed my PC up . Backed it up to another restore point , tried to get the pc to work again . Have to restore on almost every dang update !!! Messed up my wi-fi connections and everything !!! Thought I was going to have to buy another pc , this one only a couple years old if that ! Took 5 hours to finally get back on line . Now the MAIL WINDOW WILL NOT OPEN ???? Anyone know how to fix this ???

:)

WayneYQ, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app will not open on my PC ???? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 28, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app will not open on my PC ???? - Similar Threads - Mail app open

2. Can't open my mail app on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open my mail app on my computer: I can't open my mail app on the computer and have searched what to do and it suggests reset it but states I will lose all my data, does this mean i will lose all my messages and folders set up...
  3. Can't open my mail app on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open my mail app on my computer: I can't open my mail app on the computer and have searched what to do and it suggests reset it but states I will lose all my data, does this mean i will lose all my messages and folders set up...
  4. unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC: today I have installed new window 10pro on my PC and when I just tried to add my yahoo account and login there, it shows an error "Ox8019019a" "we're sorry, we weren't able to do that". Hence, I am facing roblem to open my mails as I do on my previous window. please guide me...
  5. unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC

unable to open mail app on window 10 on PC: today I have installed new window 10pro on my PC and when I just tried to add my yahoo account and login there, it shows an error "Ox8019019a" "we're sorry, we weren't able to do that". Hence, I am facing roblem to open my mails as I do on my previous window. please guide me...
  6. Windows Mail app will not open

Windows Mail app will not open: This morning when I went to check my email, the mail tile will not open. I click on it, there is a momentary pause showing the mail screen, and then.... nothing. I restarted the computer but still nothing. I didn't change any settings or do anything. The tile just stopped...
  7. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  8. Mail App Wont Open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Wont Open: Has windows 10 mail app going for 4 weeks, but today I cannot even open it. I see a windows try to open then closes quickly. I've uninstalled using powershell then reinstalled from the windows 10 store, but same problem. any ideas? 46388
  9. Mail app will not open on 10041.

Mail app will not open on 10041.: After upgrading to 10041 the mail app was missing. Installation through the store failed with Event ID 214, AppReadiness Code: 'microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe' install failed for xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com. Error: 'To install this application you need either...
  10. PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app: Having this problem since today. I don't know why it's happening but I think it's related with "Microsoft Outlook Comunications" using a lot of RAM. [img] Sorry for the photo. I couldn't take a printscreen because my system froze after that. Secondary question: My...