Windows 10: MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

Discus and support MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P. G. Schmitt, Jun 15, 2019.

1. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it.

I seem to have found a fix...

We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is how it is set in Settings > Time & Language.

Windows 10 Mail is refusing this, and some of the other menus also appear in Thai.

1) Remove the Thai language pack.

2) Restart the PC

3) Add Thai - but watch the settings...

4) UNCHECK/DESELECT/UNTICK the box marked "Install language pack and set as my Windows display language"

5) Continue the install.

This will still give you the language and the keyboard but not the headache.

See below:

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language bb51dc75-7a85-45cd-8cec-3361cb9bf4a7?upload=true.png

I hope this helps...

:)

P. G. Schmitt, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language

2. Ensure that English is at the top of the list of languages

3. Go to Advanced settings

4. Select English in the "Override for Windows display language"

5. Hit Save and then restart computer

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 15, 2019
  4. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

1. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language - Similar Threads - MAIL app wrong

2. Photos app is wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  3. Photos app is wrong language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  4. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from suspending apps? It recently started to suspend the Mail app, and this seems to be preventing it from checking new messages, meaning I no longer get any email notifications unless I manually open the app. [ATTACH] Is there...
  5. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Recently, I've stopped getting any notifications for new mail unless I manually open the Mail app. I checked task manager and learned that Windows is suspending the app, preventing it from checking new messages. Mail issupposed to run in the background if left idle; it can't...
  6. Change Mail app language

Change Mail app language: Hello, I am a French Canadian. My Windows 10 computer is set to English, which I chose because I want everything to be in English for various reasons. When I write an email in French on the Mail app, some of the words get auto corrected and automatically changed to...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Gmail language issue

Windows 10 Mail App Gmail language issue: When i get an e-mail with attachment named in Turkish letters it displays weird letters in file name(only in gmail mails). How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-gmail-language-issue/da922fc8-2993-4a5b-b6a0-e62f2fee42ba
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language: The language displayed by windows10 default Mail and Calender are not the same as the system language. They both display the keyboard language instead of the system language. How do I change this? I have tried changing the keyboard language and all the language settings...
  9. how to change Mail app language an windows 10 ?

how to change Mail app language an windows 10 ?: Hi ! , i'm using windows in Arabic language and i want to continue using it this way, but i want to use Mail app in English because there is a lot of problem using it in Arabic writing emails or reading it ! it must be a way to make the app think that the system...
  10. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail in control panel in wrong language