Windows 10: Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

Discus and support Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CT1993, Jun 4, 2023.

1. CT1993 Win User

Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option to add an account rather than access the one that has just logged in image 3. No matter what I try to do there seems to be no way around this. Is there a fix I can try here?I hope the screenshots have uploaded ok as I can't seem to see them myself.

:)

CT1993, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 4, 2023
  3. jamis Win User
    Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea how to make W10 Mail work. Suggestions please. Would like to use w10 Mail as opposed to a free e-mail app. We are currently using the old Windows Live Mail app., but it’s beginning to have issues with syncing and delivering the “unknown error” message on some e-mails.

Update: I reset the W10 Mail app. and attempted to add the ISP to it. Still getting the response that the e-mail address is already set up and the sign in is still grayed out.
    Update2: I uninstalled W10 Mail and Calendar. Ran CCleaner, rebooted, and installed W10 Mail and Calendar from the Microsoft Store. Sign in is still grayed out. Tried to add my e-Mail address to the app and it says it’s already there. Still no sign in.

jamis, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

1. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly - Similar Threads - Mail App won't

2. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly: I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option...
  3. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  4. PC not allowing me to sign in

PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  5. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.: I recently purchased the Halo: MasterChief Collection, however I encountered a number of problems in the process of downloading the games. The Microsoft Store first won't allow me to install anything, anytime I try and install something I receive the error message "Try Again...
  7. My Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account: Hello. I'm an Windows 10 user. I've resetted my operating system several times and the last 3 times my Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account. It always says "We couldn't find your setting, error 0x80070490". I've tried doing what some...
  8. Mail App keeps trying to sign me in.

Mail App keeps trying to sign me in.: Hi, I put an account into my mail app. But every time I start-up my computer the app sends me a text to sign in. It got annoying, so I took the account off the app. However, it is still trying to sign me in! How do I make it stop? Movedfrom: Outlook.com Email...
  9. Mail app not working properly.

Mail app not working properly.: After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of...
  10. McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.: I tried to uninstall it, a window pop up with the option "uninstall" in grey, can't click it... [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-uninstall-is-impossible-the-app-wont-allow/1e242668-b601-49ad-a60a-38e87965727b