Windows 10: Mail app won't let me connect gmail account

Discus and support Mail app won't let me connect gmail account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Got a new laptop recently and am trying to set up Mail so it has my gmail and hotmail accounts on. When I try it it keeps giving me a 'something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joni-03, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Joni-03 Win User

Mail app won't let me connect gmail account

Hi,Got a new laptop recently and am trying to set up Mail so it has my gmail and hotmail accounts on. When I try it it keeps giving me a 'something went wrong' message with the error code 0x80070490. Tried various bits of internet troubleshooting advice but nothing has worked yet, could do with some advice!

:)

Joni-03, Jul 9, 2021

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 9, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Jul 9, 2021
  4. 10win10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Mail app won't let me connect gmail account - Similar Threads - Mail app won't

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  4. The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account...: The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account after a reset, I have also tried uninstalling, no luck....
  5. The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account...

The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account...: The mail app is playing up. It won't sync and it won't let me remove the email account after a reset, I have also tried uninstalling, no luck....
  6. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  7. Mail app in Windows won't let me connect my Gmail

Mail app in Windows won't let me connect my Gmail: I changed my password for my Google account, and when going into the Mail app, it says my settings are outdated. I pressed a button to fix my settings, but it didn't do anything, so I logged back in. When I tried to click on 'Gmail' to log back in, it just said that it was...
  8. Cortana won't connect with Gmail Account

in Cortana
    Cortana won't connect with Gmail Account: Hello, Cortana won't connect to my Gmail account once I try it. At the very last step when it comes to agreeing to terms and conditions of Cortana having access to my personal data, somehow the system does not accept the "agree" button. So I have to close the...
  9. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  10. Mail won't show images and won't connect to Gmail

Mail won't show images and won't connect to Gmail: Today, I started having trouble with Mail. I have two problems. First, Mail won't display images--drawings, photos, whatever. I tried the Store Apps troubleshooter, but it was no help. I reset Mail, but that didn't help. I found one recommendation that I create a new local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot add gmail account to windows mail app