Windows 10: Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

Discus and support Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019. At first, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Perf-TO, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Perf-TO Win User

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019.

At first, I got a notification from Windows 10 that my Yahoo Mail account is outdated needs my attention so,

1. I went into the setting in the Mail App trying to reconfirm the settings ie: sync and others, but still it WOULDN'T DISPLAY OLD MAILS in the "inbox";

2. I double check and confirmed my Yahoo Mail account name and password is CORRECT;

3. I double check and confirmed that my Windows 10 is FULLY UPDATED,

4. I removed the Yahoo mail account from Mail App,

5. When I re-add my Yahoo Mail account, it GOT PASSED the step that I AGREED MAIL TO ACCESS MY YAHOO MAIL then a ERROR CODE 0x80190194 popup and failed.

6. I reboot and repeat the Yahoo Mail setup...STILL FAILED WITH SAME ERROR CODE.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong? is that something to do with the latest ver1909 updates?

Windows 10 build 18363.535

Mail ver. 16005.1228.20356.0

Thank you for the help in advance.

:)

Perf-TO, Dec 19, 2019
  2. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Jan 6, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

YAHOO MAIL and email apps

I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The procedure to add a 'new' account simply did not work. I was advised to uninstall / reinstall them, which worked for Windows Mail but not for Yahoo, which I have used without bother for years (and is still OK on my Android tablet).. No one has so far been able to advise me what to do.

At first I thought it must be a problem specific to the Mail app, but not now. When I installed a couple of other apps from the Store, I was not surprised when one gave me access to my Yahoo account because it is only (but is still useful) a front end to the online versions of the apps, with which I had been able to access Yahoo from the begining. But the other one, an impressive app called Touch Mail is also unable to add my Yahoo account. Which I presume means the fault lies with Yahoo itself. What I get is a report that, while the account is listed (unlike with Mail) it is 'unable to connect'. Neither Yahoo nor Microsoft's forum or my ISP have as yet provided a solution.

Can someone assist, even if it is only a link to a relevant conversation in this forum?

clayto, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail - Similar Threads - Mail App Yahoo

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  6. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  7. Yahoo mail not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail not working: I purchased ASUS laptop on 29th Jan 2020, installed Windows 10 and started using. Gmail works but Yahoo is not working . Is it an issue with Windows 10. All this while I had Windows 8 on my old laptop and it was fine. Please help me resolve this issue...
  8. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  9. Mail App Not Working for YAHOO

Mail App Not Working for YAHOO: Hi,t I'm using WIN 10 HOME Version 1909 Build 18363.778. I was using Yahoo & Live mails in MAIL app. Few days ago I got error that settings needs to be updated and Yahoo mail was not syncing properly. I tried available solution on internet including uninstalling the app,...
  10. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your yahoo mail account requires attention

2. Yahoo account needs attention

3. yahoo mail error code 18