Windows 10: Mail app.

Discus and support Mail app. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We hate Mail app. bring back WLM. Problems with Mail App, can not open all attachments, emails come thru WLM 15--30 minutes before we see them on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marjorieikov, Oct 11, 2018.

1. marjorieikov Win User

Mail app.

We hate Mail app. bring back WLM. Problems with Mail App, can not open all attachments, emails come thru WLM 15--30 minutes before

we see them on the Mail App., some emails sent from Mail do not get to there destination & some emails we get are off the screen to the right!!!!!. I have to go to WLM to read them!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

:)

marjorieikov, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 11, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail app.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Mail app.

1. Mail app. - Similar Threads - Mail app

2. Outlook.com Mail App (Win 10) refuses to send any outgoing email, giving the error "there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook.com Mail App (Win 10) refuses to send any outgoing email, giving the error "there...: This is all it says, with a dismiss button. The message sits in the outbox and will not send. This is happening with every email address I try to send to. There is no detailed error message that I can find and it's not message specific. I have tried multiple recipients. I...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app gets Microsoft To-Do integration

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app gets Microsoft To-Do integration: Microsoft is currently rolling out a new update for its Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. The latest update comes with the most awaited Microsoft To-Do integration to the Mail and Calendar app. The latest update advances the Mail and Calendar version to 16005.11001.20041.0....
  4. Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app is getting a new toggle to switch between dark and white mode: When the Windows 10 update arrived 3 years back it brought the ability to enable dark mode within the window of the app. The modern UWP apps in Windows 10 can use dark windows background instead of white. In Windows 10, there are two ways to enable dark mode in apps. First,...
  5. Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app

Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app: Hi Nothing happens when I CTRL-V text into the body of an email on my windows 10 mail app. It will paste into the subject line but not the body of the email. Nothing happens when I right click in the email i.e. no paste options. I am trying to copy text from Word. The...
  6. Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.: Ever since yesterday, my Mail App is crashing just seconds after opening. I decided to uninstall the app by running the PowerShell command get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage. Command-led completed successfully, so I restarted the...
  7. Problems with Mail and Calendar App

Problems with Mail and Calendar App: I cannot access my email. Have gone to the Settings and the App permissions for Email is set to Off and is grayed out so I cannot change it. I have reset the App multiple times but it did not help the problem....
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  10. Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?: 1. Mail app works great. 2. You let windows update (October 2018) do its thing 3. Mail app now crashes on boot. Suggestions on how to get mail app to work again (without having to lose all my settings). Thanks, -Tom...