Windows 10: Mail App

Discus and support Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm a long time user of MS Office....since 2003. That said, I've been using Office Outlook as my email client. As the years passed, I've come to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Plankton, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Plankton Win User

Mail App

I'm a long time user of MS Office....since 2003. That said, I've been using Office Outlook as my email client. As the years passed, I've come to the conclusion that I only use Outlook as my email client and rarely use any of the other software. So I've dumped Office all together.

I've tried a few other email clients over the years and found them very cumbersome and bulky. So now I'm trying the Mail App that came with windows 10....Yep finally after 2 years.

I have it all set up and working. What I would like to do is have all my emails all come into one inbox like in Outlook 2016. Is this possible and if so how do I go about doing it.

:)

Plankton, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 8, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail App

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Mail App

1. Mail App - Similar Threads - Mail App

2. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  3. After November 2019's Windows update Mail and Calendar app problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After November 2019's Windows update Mail and Calendar app problems: After November 2019's Windows update mail and calendar continuously says your account settings for gmail accounts have to be updated even after I update as suggested and/or reset as suggested....
  4. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mail app is not opening: I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-app-is-not-opening/9b424bb4-5fae-4412-b42c-49c985a10d4f"
  5. Mail App send your messages using this name

Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  6. Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts

Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts: Hello there, Since maybe 10-12 hours ago, Mail won't sync my Gmail accounts. It worked perfectly fine for months, yesterday I received one of those "Account needs to be fixed/Settings out of date" messages, went through with the login, and realized after a few hours sync is...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app, mass delete bug

Windows 10 Mail app, mass delete bug: I've been having this issue for a long time and I don't think it's been addressed. Reproduction steps: 1. Click 'enter selection mode' 2. Click the checkbox at the top to select all emails in the inbox. Expected result: 1. The trash icon is enabled. Actual result:...
  8. Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App in windows 10 does not work properly: When I add a gmail account in my windows mail app, the account added but nothing happened. No inbox or sent mail are shown. Even I can not send any mail. When I start to sync it shows error code: 0*80072746. I tried many times to solve this. But I failed, Please help me to...
  9. Prevent Windows 10 from launching mail app when I click an email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from launching mail app when I click an email link: I am working with a lot of data that includes hyperlinked email addresses. I want to prevent Windows 10 from launching any mail app when I click these links on accident. Is there a way to turn off this feature?...
  10. mail and calendar app keeps terminating

mail and calendar app keeps terminating: This has just started recently, whenever I try to access my email using the native mail app. Upon initiation, the application terminates without launching and I cannot access my mail. I am using Windows 10. I have checked for OS and application updates and both are running...