Windows 10: mail app

Discus and support mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here it is...2021, and the same issue persists...since at least 2015. Message says account details are out of date...when I go to fix account, all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NormPeterson, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mail app

Here it is...2021, and the same issue persists...since at least 2015. Message says account details are out of date...when I go to fix account, all I get is the runaround...click on fix/manage account, and nothing happens...same when I go into accounts...

:)

NormPeterson, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 21, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

mail app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

mail app

1. mail app - Similar Threads - mail app

2. Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app.: I have had my computer for a while, and I linked it to my Microsoft account right after I got it. I have checked this numerous times for various reasons. I recently installed the xbox live app on my PC as it was used by a lot of games in the Microsoft store. My son wanted to...
  3. New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app: I'm doing an upgrade on my mother in laws computer. New mainboard, etc... She was running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, upgraded in place from Windows 7 Pro 64bit. She was using Windows Live Mail as her email client. Now that we have a fresh installation of Windows 10, I find that...
  4. Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app: I know this has been asked before, but the threads are all old. Is it now possible to move an email message from one account in the Windows Mail app to another account? One of our end users is receiving personal and work email at his work address. He wants to move the...
  5. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  6. Mail App -can't add any gmail accounts, keep getting error 0x80070490

Mail App -can't add any gmail accounts, keep getting error 0x80070490: After the last windows 10 update, my mail app wouldn't work, kept crashing after 5 seconds of being opened I have had no issues for years until yesterday with 6 email accounts on the mail app I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it after restart and was able to add my hotmail...
  7. Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down

Microsoft Mail and Calendar app not shutting down: When I start Microsoft Mail & Calendar app on PC it will shutdown after 5 seconds then disappears from my task bar. Popup will appear to say I have mail but when I click on it It will start the mail app and shut down after 5 seconds again. I have tried uninstalling,...
  8. Microsoft Mail App:

Microsoft Mail App:: My mail app is not working correctly . I tried to delete it and it won't totally delete... I reinstall it and it says I own it... They keep asking my to buy Microsoft 365 as I don't have it... I really don't need it only I would like the mail app that comes with it ... any...
  9. Help: Error 0x80070490 while attempting to use gmail on Windows Mail App

Help: Error 0x80070490 while attempting to use gmail on Windows Mail App: I had been encountered the error: [ATTACH] I have a Gmail account. Trying to sync contacts, mails and calendar to Mail, Calendar and People from Google, no work. Anyone help?...
  10. Windows 10 mail app proofreading does not work

Windows 10 mail app proofreading does not work: I'm trying to write a message using Windows 10 built in mail app, but this is what I'm getting: [ATTACH] As you can see, despite no spelling mistake all the text is marked, and the suggestions does not make sense either. This is how my language setting is configured:...