Windows 10: Mail apps shows raw HTML data

Discus and support Mail apps shows raw HTML data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most of the email in my mail app are apparing as RAW HTML rather than rendering. I am using yahoo, windows 10. I have already tried reinstalling.all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielJomaa, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Mail apps shows raw HTML data

Most of the email in my mail app are apparing as RAW HTML rather than rendering. I am using yahoo, windows 10. I have already tried reinstalling.all emails look similar to the below.

:)

DanielJomaa, Dec 4, 2022
  2. DanTim Win User

Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

I am having exactly the same problem.

Yahoo mail via Windows Mail app is showing raw HTML for some but not all messages.

Yahoo mail via EDGE Browser is fine.

Tried RESET, Tried UNINSTALL/REINSTALL absolutely no help.

Started about 2-3 days ago.

Windows 10.

Any ideas beyond reset/reinstall?

DanTim, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

I have the same issue that just started a few days ago. I get my email through ATT.yahoo.com. Some show correctly and some show as raw HTML. I signed on in edge to currently.att.yahoo.com and the messages look fine. If I reply from the browser interface to the same address it was sent to, the email shows correctly on the mail app. Not much to go on for what is the same about the emails that don't work. Senders are all over the place, including the subscription messages that I received from this forum that showed in raw HTML. It started happening on both my desktop and laptop PC at the same time and my son also sees the same issue on his desktop and school laptop.

Ron Amrhein, Dec 4, 2022
  4. DSperber Win User

Mail apps shows raw HTML data

Windows 10 Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

Working on this problem for a friend who uses Windows 10 Mail. In the past few days much (but not all) of his incoming email has been displayed in what appears to be raw HTML. Looks like CSS stuff.

This may have started in the past week, after I did a fresh Win10 21H2 reinstall using "in-place upgrade" (to retain all of his files, data, probrams, settings, etc.) and simply get Windows cleanly reinstalled. Or, the Windows Mail issue appearing just recently may have been a pure coincidence.

Many others around the internet have also reported this same problem starting in the past few months, so it's probably not tied to my 21H2 in-place upgrade reinstall on my friend's machine last week.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a well-known established guaranteed-to-succeed fix here. Windows Mail cannot be 'uninstalled" (and then reinstalled, if that would be a fix and would work) as it's pre-installed and built into Windows. On the other hand the app itself IS available for install from the MS Store (as "Mail and Calendar") but perhaps that's for other situations.

So, it's not possible to just "reinstall" from the MS store because it's already on the machine. And it's not possible "uninstall" because it doesn't show up that way on Windows.

Brink has provided his input for this identical problem reported in a similar thread about this same issue on the **************** forum, which provides a Powershell command but this isn't really complete or exactly related. The problem is not that for some reason "Mail and Calendar" will not install. The problem is that there's no way to first "uninstall" before even attempting a "reinstall".

Bottom line: Windows 10 Mail is presenting MANY (but not all) emails in raw HTML now (see attached screenshot). What is the FIX for this, if any is known???
    Mail apps shows raw HTML data [​IMG]

DSperber, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Mail apps shows raw HTML data

1. Mail apps shows raw HTML data - Similar Threads - Mail apps shows

2. Mail apps shows raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail apps shows raw HTML data: Most of the email in my mail app are apparing as RAW HTML rather than rendering. I am using yahoo, windows 10. I have already tried reinstalling.all emails look similar to the below....
  3. Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data: I had a Windows 10 laptop and Mail and Calendar apps has a lot of emails with only HTML code. Unable to readI got a new desktop with Windows 11 and Mail and Calendar has even more email showing up with HTML code and completely unreadable. I can see my mail on AOL website...
  4. Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data: I had a Windows 10 laptop and Mail and Calendar apps has a lot of emails with only HTML code. Unable to readI got a new desktop with Windows 11 and Mail and Calendar has even more email showing up with HTML code and completely unreadable. I can see my mail on AOL website...
  5. Mail app was restored and now showing raw data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app was restored and now showing raw data: Re: Case #: 1040096911Created on: Friday, June 10, 2022 9:51 AMDescription: Mail app Windows 11 stopped workingI called support and the agent helped restore my email. But now, many emails are coming through with raw data. I tried "repair" and then "reset," but neither worked....
  6. Mail app was restored and now showing raw data

Mail app was restored and now showing raw data: Re: Case #: 1040096911Created on: Friday, June 10, 2022 9:51 AMDescription: Mail app Windows 11 stopped workingI called support and the agent helped restore my email. But now, many emails are coming through with raw data. I tried "repair" and then "reset," but neither worked....
  7. Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data: Some of my Mail App emails are appearing in raw HTML data. example below:Received: from 10.196.198.206 by atlas104.sbc.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with HTTPS; Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:53:52 +0000Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>X-Originating-Ip:...
  8. Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data: Some of my Mail App emails are appearing in raw HTML data. example below:Received: from 10.196.198.206 by atlas104.sbc.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with HTTPS; Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:53:52 +0000Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>X-Originating-Ip:...
  9. mail for windows 10 not showing html attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail for windows 10 not showing html attachments: Astonishing, mail for windows 10 does not show the html attachments of an email, whereas outlook 2016 does! Tweaking the "Automatically Download External Content" in the Setup > Reading pane does not help at all. Why? Some ideas for "how to" ?...
  10. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent wiping. When I reconnected and restarted afterwards, all but one works fine, with no data loss. The one that doesn't shows it...