Windows 10: mail apps stopped working and cannot install

Discus and support mail apps stopped working and cannot install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly my mail app stopped working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but now its gone and wont reinstall. Outlook is not functioning either. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by S.L.LaBrasca, Mar 29, 2020.

1. mail apps stopped working and cannot install

Suddenly my mail app stopped working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but now its gone and wont reinstall. Outlook is not functioning either. Also, I cannot install any other mail app on my PC.

:)

S.L.LaBrasca, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mail apps stopped working and cannot install :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

mail apps stopped working and cannot install

Win Mail and Calendar App stopped working

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Mail and Calendar app and check.

Follow the steps to un-install Mail and Calendar app:

Type PowerShell in search bar on your taskbar.

Right click on Powershell and select
    Run as administrator.

In the PowerShell window, type the following command to un-install both the apps:

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The app can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link listed below

Mail & Calendar

Hope this helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

mail apps stopped working and cannot install

1. mail apps stopped working and cannot install - Similar Threads - mail apps stopped

2. Mail App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  3. Cannot Use Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Use Mail App: Basicily i Cannot Login into My Outlook Account And Mail App Says Creating account... And There is A Screenshot [ATTACH] i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-mail-app/f2985bce-0f8c-456b-84dd-63f9dc82b93f
  4. Mail app is not working

Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  5. Windows Mail app stopped working

Windows Mail app stopped working: For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but...
  6. cannot sync Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot sync Mail App: I cannot sync my Windows Mail App running on Windows 10 PC, version 1803 because I receive messages that the settings are out-of-date. I have email addresses on various boxes, including hotmail and gmail and really need to sync them...
  7. mail app, cannot login

mail app, cannot login: I have a problem with Mail App on my new laptop. When I tried to log into my gmail account via this app, I received an error "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8000000b. " It happened when I was submitting my login data....
  8. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...
  9. Cannot Find Mail App

Cannot Find Mail App: When I recently upgraded my Windows 10 program, Windows MAIL, the APP, is not showing anywhere in my programs group. How can I get it back and then add it to my DESKTOP Taskbar, as I originally had it? Thanks, Guys. DJ...
  10. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly: Mail and Calendar was set up with all three my email accounts and working perfectly well until today. It suddenly stopped working and won't open again. When clicking on the icon, it appears briefly then disappears. Please help!!!...