Windows 10: Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Discus and support Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teroro, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Teroro Win User

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Hardware: Surface pro 3

Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345)

1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't open, neither the outlook account nor the IMAP one.

2. So I attempted to clear the user data for this app in the control panel.

3. After that, Mail & calendar apps and people app started crashing.

4. I tried "sfc /scannow", reported nothing violated.

5. Tried remove the app using "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage", and reinstall in the Store. Crashing still exist....

:)

Teroro, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 28, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Calendar and Mail app not launching

Use this tutorial to UNinstall Calendar and Mail.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option2

Option Two
    Look for (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use that command line on your Windows PowerShell.

After that, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch - Similar Threads - Mail&Calendar App crash

2. Mail and calendar app crashed after Windows update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail and calendar app crashed after Windows update.: The Windows 10 update was done automatically and now the Mail and Calendar app, which worked perfectly before, is not working.They have spent hours troubleshooting.I would love to get the app back. PLEASE HELP...
  3. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  4. Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update

Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update: Hi My office desk PC is set for auto updates - After a most recent windows 10 update - recently my mail and calendar apps went blank & fail to work - they attempt load for just a second and then crash & vanish - all other apps work fine - office 365 works also - I have...
  5. Considering Using Calendar, Mail and People

Considering Using Calendar, Mail and People: Where do Calendar, Mail and People store the data I enter? Is it stored on the cloud?? If so, should I be concerned about privacy?? James 112083
  6. Calendar and Mail app not launching

Calendar and Mail app not launching: I have a new computer that came with W10 installed. Now one week on the above apps fo not launch. I have run System file Checker that reported it had found and repaired corrupt files (already!!). However the apps still do not launch. Any ideas? J 40270
  7. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...
  8. Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?

Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?: So in the built-in PIM apps inside Windows, is there actually an official app to sync Outlook.com Tasks? I currently already have my phone synced to Outlook.com just fine, but to manipulate Tasks on my desktop, I can only resort to the browser. 82667
  9. Mail & Calendar app crashing

Mail & Calendar app crashing: I have Windows 10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) After uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 I am unable to use the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. When I try to open either Mail or Calendar they crash immediately. I have tried every conceivable method that has been posted...
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening

Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening: Hi all. After last update, my win10 will not open my mail & calendar app. Whenever I open the app, it starts up, loads the mail, and then shuts down again. I am getting this from my event viewer: Faulting application name: HxMail.exe, version: 16.0.6106.4200, time...