Windows 10: Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters

Discus and support Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having problems in the Mail app where special characters like hiragana, katakana, and even English special characters like quotations or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CyraFen, Nov 19, 2019.

1. CyraFen Win User

Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters

I've been having problems in the Mail app where special characters like hiragana, katakana, and even English special characters like quotations or apostrophes are not displaying correctly. This issue only seems to have come from the latest Windows 10 updates, as they had been displaying fine a few weeks ago. I can input said characters perfectly fine, and they show up on Gmail fine as well, so it only seems to be a problem with the Mail app specifically. I've scoured the Internet for answers but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any insights?

https://imgur.com/mtIOGTI

:)

CyraFen, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 19, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters [​IMG]

meebers, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Mail & Calendar App not displaying special characters - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar App

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...