Windows 10: Mail/Calendar update(install) error 0x80073CF0

Discus and support Mail/Calendar update(install) error 0x80073CF0 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Today I got the error while trying to update windows mail/calendar app in the app store. The error with the code 0x80073CF0 is all over forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by agata, Sep 25, 2017.

1. agata Win User

Mail/Calendar update(install) error 0x80073CF0

Hi.
    Today I got the error while trying to update windows mail/calendar app in the app store. The error with the code 0x80073CF0 is all over forums and so at first I tried to fix it with those ideas. I did the app restarts and I think I restarted my laptop 10 times by now. I updated my windows so it's the newest version. I finally figured out how to use powershell and followed the advice of removing the app and redownloading it. Well I removed the app but now the error is still there and I can't redownload the app. Someone posted that IP should remove the folder at this location: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization . But even when changing the permissions so that everyone can delete it still tell me that in need the SYSTEM permission (even though the great windows shield icon is no longer next to delete button). I do not know what to do. I'm not computer savy and 1/2 of the advices online are just not working.
    I don't have the app anymore but i still get the error. I should point out that I can download other apps it's just that one that is not working. And as much as I could just give up i like the app and I don't like to leave the things not working on my laptop.
    Pls help out *Smile

:)

agata, Sep 25, 2017
  2. ikorolis Win User

Windows Store Code: 0x80073CF0

Store Version 11708.1001.26.0

Mail and Calendar no update give error Code: 0x80073CF0

ikorolis, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Windows Store Code: 0x80073CF0

Here same on alle devices. Update Mail and Calendar Code: 0x80073CF0

Compsupport, Sep 25, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

I'm getting this as well so I think the problem may be their end.

swarfega, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    +1 from me. Two weeks ago I updated the Mail app with no problem but now no go with the same error

Bastet, Sep 26, 2017
  6. kalico Win User
    Exactly the same error for me.

I've stopped the update service, renamed/deleted the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION directory, then restarted. Problem persists.

kalico, Sep 26, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Forget about it, I have had that one several times in the last few days. Just wait until MS sorts it. No need to mess around.

I use the Mail App all the time, doesn't stop you using it.

Helmut, Sep 26, 2017
  8. Pyrdennis Win User

Same Problem here. Tried everything you mentioned but the problem is still there.

Pyrdennis, Sep 26, 2017
  9. Grom0X Win User
  10. swarfega Win User
    As mentioned above, I would not go trying to fix this, this is at Microsoft's end.

swarfega, Sep 26, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Mine updated to 17.8500.40945.0 yesterday (26th). Could be a different server..

dalchina, Sep 26, 2017
  12. Mine still refuses to update, at least it was refusing about twenty mins ago when I checked. I have seen a small minority report successful installation but it seems for the majority it’s still bombing. I wonder if the successful ones are running anniversary update over creators update and whether that’s pivotal?

Scottyboy99, Sep 26, 2017
  13. krzemien Win User

Same here, spotted it yesterday and thought would give it a go. Then I've found this thread.

As a side comment: I am genuinely surprised that I see the same errors on and on again - of which some (most?) originate from Vista times...!

krzemien, Sep 26, 2017
  14. Oh thank goodness it's not just me. I updated to 1703 Creators Update yesterday. Tried updating Mail/Calender app from the Store but keeps returning the error code 0x80073CF0.

I am in no way going to start messing about trying to get it to update and I'm certainly not going to jump through hoops trying to delete it and re-install. At least it still working and that's the main thing. All other apps from the store are downloading and installing fine except Mail so I'm assuming it has to be a problem at Microsofts end. Hopefully, it will get sorted.

Runnerbean, Sep 26, 2017
  15. Tried this morning and finally mail calendar app updated

Scottyboy99, Sep 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Mail/Calendar update(install) error 0x80073CF0 - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar update

2. Error 0x80004005 in mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80004005 in mail and calendar: I am trying to update my mail settings in Mail & Calendar, but every time I do, I get the following error message: "Something went wrong. Error code 0x80004005". I reset my Mail & Calendar app and I keep getting this message. Please help....
  3. Error 0x80004005 in mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80004005 in mail and calendar: I am trying to update my mail settings in Mail & Calendar, but every time I do, I get the following error message: "Something went wrong. Error code 0x80004005". I reset my Mail & Calendar app and I keep getting this message. Please help....
  4. Updating Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Updating Mail and Calendar: [ATTACH] Hi , I'm getting the above message. I know it is definitely an older version, when I compare with my other devices. However, when i "Go to Store", it says i already own the app, but doesn't give me the option of updating. It merely says i can add the app to...
  5. Mail and Calendar Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and Calendar Update: How do I update my mail and calendar I cant send or receive emails on my computer it keeps show that i need to update mail and calendar Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-update/eaf42ab5-0c47-41a2-876f-9479e3f87a30
  6. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  7. MS Store Download Error 0x80073CF0 (State of Decay 2)

MS Store Download Error 0x80073CF0 (State of Decay 2): Hey there, I just bought State of Decay 2 in the Win10 App Store. But everytime i try to download it, the DL runs for a few seconds, i get around 20 to 30 MB and then it shuts down with the given Error code. This happens only with State of Decay 2. I tried downloading random...
  8. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  9. Mail and calendar app update

Mail and calendar app update: New update came down pipe today. Successful update first time. Seems safe and working across all user accounts on my machines, as ever I recommend a restore point prior to updating any native app 44384
  10. Mail and calendar update

Mail and calendar update: Manually checked store tonight and saw mail and calendar update waiting. In typical MS style it downloaded but did nothing on first attempt, I closed store, re opened and tried it again whereupon it completed. Normally this messes the app up for the other user accounts of the...
Tags: