Windows 10: Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

Discus and support Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows Mail (the envelope icon) that comes standard with Windows 10 (not the browser based program). When reading mail messages in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CathySiegel, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

I'm using Windows Mail (the envelope icon) that comes standard with Windows 10 (not the browser based program). When reading mail messages in the Inbox, I'd like to click or double-click on the message and have the message automatically open up in a new window instead of in the reading pane. Is this possible? I know that I can click on the "open message in a new window icon". I'm just looking for a shortcut to do this automatically. Thank you.

:)

CathySiegel, Aug 28, 2019

2. open message in a new window automatically

Hi,

The automatic window pop-up in Outlook is designed to make it easier for you to quickly write and send an email. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following information:

• Which version of Outlook are you using?
    • Have you installed the latest update on your computer?

To check for the latest update, go to Windows Update by clicking
    Start > Settings > Update & security and click Check for updates. It will scan and install all the latest updates available for your device.

On the other hand, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to set
    Open replies and forwards in a new window
    automatically. To do this, open the
    Outlook app that you are using and click File >
    Options > Mail tab, scroll down and look for
    Replies and forward
    section then tick the Open replies and forwards in a new window
    checkbox.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

1. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window? - Similar Threads - Mail messages automatically

2. how do I stop outlook from opening a mail message in a new window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I stop outlook from opening a mail message in a new window.: When I click on a new email it always opens in a new window. I have read many people have this issue and I tried to fix it and it still happening....
  3. how do I stop outlook from opening a mail message in a new window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I stop outlook from opening a mail message in a new window.: When I click on a new email it always opens in a new window. I have read many people have this issue and I tried to fix it and it still happening....
  4. Yahoo acoount in windows mail app dosn't get new messages automatically.

Yahoo acoount in windows mail app dosn't get new messages automatically.: 0000000000000000000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-acoount-in-windows-mail-app-dosnt-get-new/0f60d8c5-132a-4c57-bda8-e8aacf82168c
  5. Yahoo acoount in windows mail app dosn't get new messages automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo acoount in windows mail app dosn't get new messages automatically.: 0000000000000000000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-acoount-in-windows-mail-app-dosnt-get-new/0f60d8c5-132a-4c57-bda8-e8aacf82168c
  6. New tabs open automaticly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New tabs open automaticly: This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything on it. Sometimes it's just google.com others its someone that mcafee blocks. Or is it just that i have a bug now? submitted...
  7. Mail never checks for new messages

Mail never checks for new messages: So I've had this problem for months. No matter what frequency I set Mail & Calendar to sync to, it never checks for new messages on its own. No background syncing, no notifications, ever. It only ever syncs when I manually open the app. I reset the app, I manually...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message: Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the conversation trail, but not the body of the email....
  9. mailto not opening new message

in Browsers and Email
    mailto not opening new message: My mums computer is running Windows 10, and she uses web based hotmail for her email. She likes to email me articles from news websites, so i set up the default mail to open hotmail and compose a new message when she clicks the email link. This worked in both Opera and...
  10. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...